Chapter 1

(Eddie's 3rd person POV)

"God dammit, start mother fucker!" No matter how hard he tried, Eddie Munson couldn't start his lighter and he was noticeably getting very aggravated with it.

As he tries to ignite it one last time in hopes it works but it knowingly fails, he just gives up and throws it into the nearest trash bin with a huff saying, "Stupid piece of shit".

He stands there, not knowing what to do. He definitely needs a smoke, he knows he can't sit through the rest of that movie without one. While watching, his leg kept bouncing and he kept fiddling with his hands, so at some point he excused himself from his group of friends to "go take a piss", he told them.

"Oh come on man! It's getting good", one of his friends tried to persuade Eddie to stay.

"And predictable, I bet you I can walk out and come back 10 minutes later and still be able to tag along with what's happening. That's how predictable this movie is", he said with a grin on his face.

His friends all shared a glance that Eddie knows that means he was right, and just nodded at him letting him know to go to the bathroom. He left without a second thought. And now here he was, still without a single smoke and still buzzing with nerves.

He's about to give up and go back to the movie, when he hears a noise. Normally he's dust it off but the Mall was pretty empty right now, so naturally he was curious. As he walked closer to said noise, he started to hear 2 voices. He stopped some distance away just so he could hear what they were saying.

"Ugh move over dingus, stop being a water hog", says a female voice from around the corner.

"Hey was that guy trying to bang his mom?", says an obvious male voice. A nice one at that.

"What are you talking about?", says the female voice behind the gurgling of water as it seems she was still drinking. Eddie hears a loud gasp of air from the girl as she says, "I fucking love water".

"I mean like, he traveled back in time and met his young mom and she was hitting on him, Robin. So was he trying to bang his mom!", the male voice says with a few slurs of his words.

"Holy shit you're right Steve, that's disgusting!", Robin says with her words also slurring.

After a few beats of silence Eddie starts to hear giggling which then turns into an outright burst of laughter.

"What the fuck is wrong with us", Steve laughs out. Eddie never thought he'd heard something so beautiful. He just had to know who that laugh belonged to, so he slowly walked close towards the two around the corner.

"I really don't know, maybe it was the shit those big bads gave us", Robins wheezes out, unable to breathe.

Eddie finally reaches the corner to look at the two, and what he sees he will never forget. The beautiful laugh he heard belonged to none other than Steve Harrington.

While Eddie never had an encounter with the "Great King Steve", he had heard stories. About the fight with Jonathan Byers, and the epic win against Billy Hargrove. Not to mention how he got around with the ladies.

Yeah, Eddie knew exactly how he was, but he still couldn't get Steve's laugh out of his head. So he thought he'd stick around and talk to the two, and see how it went.

"Are you two doing okay over here?", Eddie says leaning against the wall folding his arms across his chest. The two turned to look at him and Steve's eyes widened at the sight of Eddie. He doesn't know what to do, it feels as if those brown eyes are staring into his soul. Tearing him apart with how beautiful they are.