Chapter 4

(Steve's 3rd person POV)

Steve had always driven Robin to school after losing a bet to her over who had more game. Clearly, it was Robin.

He pulled into the school, and Robin shouted "BYE LOSER!" as she leapt out of the car towards the main entrance.

As he was pulling out of the school, he noticed the long black curly hair of the man who had made him blush the day before.

Eddie was resting his back on the bench table, terribly hiding his puffs of smoke from the blunt he had underneath the table.

"Hey, Freak!" Steve called out of his car window. Eddie, angered at first, looks around for the asshole who called him the familiar name. His eyebrows then settle as he spots Steve leaning over the center console. "Tryna get out of here?".

That is all it takes for Eddie to stick the blunt into the corner of his mouth and collect his belongings to rush over to Steve's car. Eddie throws his backpack through Steve's back window, and himself through the passenger door window, making the car wobble as he plops down into the passenger seat.

"Hiya there big boy!" Eddie winks at Steve.

Steve rolled his eyes at Eddie, confused as to why he didn't just open the door.

"You know you could've just opened the door right?" Steve remarks.

"Well yeah, but where's the fun in that Stevie?" Eddie grins widely as he crosses his arms behind his head and releases another puff of smoke. Steve shook out the comment with a breathy laugh out of his nose and put his car back into drive.

Eddie gasps when Steve reaches for the stereo and turns it up to Material Girl by Madonna.

Steve glances over at Eddie who is a bright shade of pink and covering his face with strands of his hair.

"Are you doing okay over there Munson?" Steve asked worriedly, "Looks like you've seen a ghost!" Steve spoke again and turned his head towards the floor of the car, seeing Eddie doing tiny little foot taps to the beat of the song.

Steve did a little giggle and slapped Eddie's shoulder with the back of his hand, "You like this song dont you Eddie?" Steve teased.

Eddie then slapped Steve's hand away, annoyed that he was caught enjoying his guilty pleasure song.

"Shut up, Steve! If you ever tell anyone about this, I'll kill you with your own ice cream scooper." Eddie threatened.

Steve playfully gasped, holding his hand over his chest and then reached back over to the stereo, turning the volume up more. Steve then started quietly singing along to the song when he heard Eddie hesitantly join him. This surprised Steve, but it was a very pleasant surprise. It filled Steve with so much joy to know that Eddie felt comfortable enough around him to geek out over Madonna with him and let his heavy metal gig down for a bit.

After their song was over, they jammed to a couple other songs that came on the radio, not caring about changing the station and just enjoying the peaceful car ride they were sharing together.

"So, Harrington" Eddie started, "What do you think about heading to my place and having a little pre-campaign party?"

"What do you mean by that?" Steve asked.

Eddie twisted around in his seat, ass up, to grab his backpack from the seat behind him. He returned to his original position, and shifted around, trying to make himself comfortable again. He then reached down in his backpack and retrieved his black metal lunchbox. He sets his bag down on the floor and flips the latch on the box open with his thumb to unlock the box, revealing several small bags full of weed.

The smell filled Steve's nose with curiosity and he shrugged his shoulders at Eddie. "Why the hell not. Let's do it." Steve agreed.