Chapter 3

(Steve's 3rd person POV)

3 weeks later (because we're lazy)

The ladies walk away from the counter and Steve is defeated once again, slamming his sailor hat to the counter. Robin makes sure to add another tally to her whiteboard. Steve turns around to flip her the bird and swiftly turns back around, hair swooshing in all its voluptuous glory, to spot no other than Eddie walking towards him with a devious grin on his face. Steve isn't sure if he's blushing or not but he can feel the heat from his blood rising to his cheeks. He tries his best to compose himself. It doesn't really work.

"Well, well, well, Harrington. I gotta say, I will never get over this uniform." Eddie snickers as he approaches the counter. Steve feels his heart skip a beat and it gets harder for him to hide his blush.

"It just suits him so well, doesn't it?" Robin agrees, returning up front with a new tub of ice cream. As Steve's best friend, she can tell how flustered he is by the way he twists the tip of his foot against the ground behind the counter. She nudges Steve's shoulder and scrunches her nose at him.

Steve whines at her and returns his attention back to Eddie who's wearing his signature jean jacket and black ripped jeans, hair up in a high ponytail. He rested his palms on the counter and peered over Steve.

"Is there something I can get for you Eddie or did you just come here to taunt me?" Steve sighs and shifts to start twisting his other foot, scanning over all the cool patches and pins Eddie has on his jacket.

"I'm honestly hurt and offended right now Steve. How have you not memorized my order by now? I've come here on a daily basis after the big grand re-opening to see you in your cute little uniform and yet, you still don't know what my favorite ice cream flavor is!" Eddie frowns playfully and snatches Steve's sailor hat from the counter beside him, swinging it in circles on his pointer finger.

Eddie's eyes then widen and he gets distracted when Robin hands him his cookies and cream ice cream cone which he ooos at. Steve almost dies from cuteness but recomposed himself and snatched his hat back from Eddie who did not care.

"Thank you, Robin. At least somebody remembers!" Eddie says, licking his lips.

"Haha, very funny. But I know that's not all you're here for Munson. What do you want?" Steve rolls his eyes hoping for a specific answer.

"So impatient Harrington, tsk tsk, well since you asked so impolitely, yes i do want something." Eddie leans down elbows meeting the glass counter beneath him to reach eye level with Steve. "I want you to come sit in on our campaign!" Eddie exclaimed, eyes lighting up.

Robin glances over at Steve who blushes but grimaces at the question. Even though it was the question he was hoping for, he still isn't over the last time Eddie asked.

"Oh no, not again, not again. I got destroyed last time man." Steve protested.

"Oh please Harrington. It was your first time!" Both of them blushed at this but Eddie quickly returned to his pleading. "Look I know you're mad that you died so I'll make you a deal. You don't have to play! Just come sit and watch! There will be food and drinks and weed and it's all for free! Just for you though, weed is expensive." Eddie says blatantly.

Steve is still unsure of what to do. When Robin notices him start to think otherwise she kicks his shin which makes Steve hiss and throw his head back.

Steve whips his head over to Robin, "what the hell?" he whispered violently. Robin just raised her eyebrows and shrugged her head forward towards Eddie who was staring longingly at Steve and biting his lip. Eddie had always loved the way Steve's hair would get all messy which it had done after he whipped his head so urgently at Robin.

Steve then rolls his eyes and returns back to Eddie, realizing Eddie's lip bite and feels his blood flush to his chest and cheeks once again. He slicks his fingers through his hair as a nervous habit and notices Eddie's expression change. "Aw damn it! Fine!" Steve finally agreed.

Eddie then hopped around excitedly and drummed his fingers on the counter "Yes! Oh thank you Harrington! I promise you'll have a blast." Eddie winked. Steve thought he was dying.

"Are you gonna need a ride Harrington?" Steve was still returning from his grave from the wink. "Harringtoooon?" Eddie waved and snapped his fingers in front of Steve's face, waking him up from his coma.

"What? Huh? What happened?" Steve asked frantically. Eddie and Robin chuckled at him, making him even more flustered than before.

"Okay there buddy? I asked if you needed a ride?" Eddie questioned again.

Steve had always fantasized about being all alone in a car with Eddie Munson... He decided to flush that thought out quickly before it got too adventurous.

"Oh yeah, sure?." Steve responded still woozy, trying to act cool.

"Cool! See you at 6 tomorrow!" Eddie started walking backwards towards the exit but then quickly returned to lean over and whisper into Steve's ear, "Your ass looks great in those shorts by the way." and then he's off.

Steve thought he might faint.