Chapter 2

(Eddie's 3rd person POV)

It had only taken them two months to rebuild Star Court after the fire and it had also been 2 months since Eddie had seen Steve Harrington.

After the encounter with him that night, Eddie finished the movie and went home. Not expecting to wake up the next morning with the news explaining how the mall was in shambles.

God how Eddie prayed that Steve wasn't there when the fire happened.

With the mall closed for reconstruction, Eddie had no way to find or contact Steve. He still regrets not getting Steve's number that night.

But when it was opening day for the mall, again, Eddie hoped Steve would be there so they could talk again.

As Eddie makes his way to the mall, he is stuck in the thought about what he should say.

"Just ask him how he's been, its so fucking easy", Eddie says out loud to himself as he pulls into a parking space.

He hops out, his jewelry clicking together, and slams the door shut to his van. Some people look at his direction from the noise, and a few scowl. Eddie rolls his eyes and pulls out a joint, pulling out his lighter as well. He lights it, and shoves the lighter back into his pocket. After pressing the joint between his lips and taking a few puffs, he closes his eyes for a few seconds, rolls his shoulders and whispers, "Alright, here we go".

The mall is just as he remembers, maybe even better. It's brighter than it used to be, but still as busy as ever. He just needs to find that ice cream shop and hopefully Steve still has a job there.

As he makes his way through the busy mall, he takes small glances at the shops. There's a few new additions, he thinks, but doesn't really care seeing as how it's unlikely he'll ever go inside them.

It is then, he realizes he has made it to his destination. Taking another puff of the joint, he walks in.

It's not busy whatsoever, there's no one at the counter either. For a second he wonders if anyone's even in the back, with how silent it is.

Then from the back he hears a voice say, "Dammit Robin you're supposed to be watching the front". Oh how Eddie has missed that voice.

"Well sorry Dingus, but I was getting hangry and really needed a few bite from my sandwich. Plus have you seen the place, it's been dead all day. I'm sure we're fine", Eddie hears Robin's voice say from the back. The door is then swinging open and out walks the boy Eddie has been looking for.

"Well we do have someone in here now, so you're wrong. Add a point to my side", Steve says, poking his head back into the back.

"That's not how the point system works dipshit", Robin says laughing. Steve rolls his eyes and puts his full attention back to the front.

Eddie stands there the whole time, finding it funny how the two haven't changed one bit since the last time he saw them. Steve makes eye contact with Eddie and he feels his face heat up. Steve's attention is then pulled to the joint between Eddie's fingers.

"Sorry man, you can't smoke that in here", Steve says, turning around to grab an ice cream scoop, to then set it down on a towel in front of him. Eddie looks at the joint in his hand, and just shrugs his shoulders. He lifts his left foot and puts it out on the bottom of his shoe, stuffing the bud into his pocket.

"Good to see you too Harrington, still looking amazing in that uniform", Eddie says with a grin.

Steve pauses, a blush rising up from his neck and stares at Eddie for a sec. He seems to regain himself and then says, "I'm sorry but do I know you?"