Chapter five

It was an hour after she had told them why she came here, everyone had left except for Thomas he had to watch her and make sure she didn't faint and die as dramatic as it sounds it was true. She hasn't ate for like almost two days, no water, no food just sleeping on the hard cold wooden floor in her dress. It was her stubbornness that always got her in positions like the very she one she's in now. This one wasn't nearly her fault, except for when she stabbed aunt pol with a pencil. She was very she had no strength to talk, walk or be up she was in pain, she was sick because of the cold weather, and she hasn't eaten anything since she's been here, no water no nothing to keep her alive. She sleeps her pain off hoping that Thomas would let her go but for some odd reason he wouldn't. She was in the back room coughing and choking in her sleep, he didn't know if she was having a bad dream or dying. He grabbed some water and walked back into the room, she was coughing but she was sleeping, he bent down and gently shook her. Her eyes popped open she looked at him and moved away, he grabbed her arm putting the water in her hand.

"Drink it, if I wanted to kill you I've would've put a bullet in your head when I first heard your voice." He told her, she put the water to her mouth and smelled it. Soon she started to gulp it down and there it was she had finally gave in, she couldn't do it anymore starving herself is something she master down.

"So why didn't you? You seemed very determined to keep me here and I have no idea why." She rolled the cup over to him wiping the left over water off of her mouth.

"Because I've never seen such beauty ever in my life, I didn't spare your life because you were an American woman, I spared your life because your the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen." He straight up told her like that, he didn't sugar code it, he was serious and she knew that he was. She knew that he wasn't lying about it either, her mother always told her that beauty could get you places, keep your life. "Not only that but when I raised that gun up to your head, you didn't beg for your life any other woman would've cried and begged but it was nothing to you."

"Guns don't scare me, should've had a snake then I would've started crying." She chuckled and started to cough. "Hey umm, if your gonna keep me here can you at least tell me if you see my brother around, I just need to know if he's alright." She pulled out a picture from her dress and handed it to Thomas, it was picture of her brother smiling.

"You two have the same smile, only difference is gender." He gave the picture back to her and she put back in her dress. "I'm not gonna let you go but you don't have to feel like a prisoner, don't think about stabbing anyone with a pencil, or I will get a snake." He joked she smiled a little bit and watched him leave out the room. She looked at her brothers necklace it was dark blue, her heart stopped for just two seconds. She got up, going out the room and saw Thomas sitting in a chair smoking a cigarette, holding on to any object in her sight trying not to fall.

"Thomas, could you please look for my brother or I'm gonna go out and do it myself." Her voice was shaking and her body was trembling Thomas got up walking over to her and held her by the hand and waist.

"What it is that is wrong with you? Your burning up."

"I'm from Kansas, I didn't dress appropriate for England weather. I'm sick why else would I like a dead bride eh? The floor is uncomfortable, it's cold and that room smells like cigars, so it can be many things now."  Thomas had nearly smiled something she hasn't seen him do since she met him, Elana was all smiles.

"So your name Alana?"

"I'm guessing you can't read its Elana, Like Elena. My parents call me Lana, pronounce the A next time." He walked over to the chair and she sat down it was like her standing up forever made her realize how fragile she was becoming.

"Were those bruises there before?" He asked her looking at the bruises on her back since her dress was unbuttoned, she was hot and undressed herself through the night.

"They are new I had laid on something hard on the floor that was one hell of a pain." She fixed her dress pulling it up, Thomas help stand her up, he grabbed his coat putting it on her and picked her bridal style.

"What are you-"

"Don't ask questions eh, I like it better when your sleep eh." He told her, she laid her head on his shoulder closing her eyes, before he even made it to his car she was already sleep. He opened the door to his car, carefully sitting her in the seat closing the door back. Thomas didn't understand why he was helping her, nor did he know why he was doing what he was doing. Apart of him felt like it was because she was just to beautiful to not help a face like hers, then it was another part of him that admire her words of wisdom, her braveness, her attitude, her smile. In Thomas eyes she was a woman, with courage and had imaginary balls like a man, she was brave, and fearless. It was something he always had looked for a woman, he liked the fact that even though she was a princess she was independent.

—————

Two days has passed and she still hasn't woken up from her sleep, Aunt pol believed that it was she was in a mini coma. Aunt pol was right, she woke on the third day, Thomas had brought her to his house to sleep. He felt the bed would be more comfortable for than the floor, aunt pol didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth about it. Her instincts were always right, since she was dealing with a princess she left her business alone. That day Elana wished she had stayed in a coma forever, she had received the worst news of her life, she never thought of death before, but that day she had wishes she was dead, it was the worst thing that could happen to her. She had received the news that her brother was found dead, on the land of the Italians, Thomas watched her face turn cold, her eyes were telling a different story, he was the only person who could see through her eyes.

"Are you sure it was him?" She asked them, Thomas dug into his pocket pulling out an picture of Cameron and Elana, they both were smiling they both looked happy. He then pulled out of her necklace, the necklace she gave Cameron for good luck. I remember her telling me about the necklace she said that they gave each other a piece of jewelry for good luck, protection. She knew that her brother was dead days ago, his necklace is originally light blue, but it turned dark blue in the dark. The light blue meant life, the dark blue meant death she had already had a feeling that he was dead, it was like a piece of her died days ago. Now that she know that he really is dead, all the little light she had left, disappeared. She wasn't just hurt, she wasn't just in pain she was broken. The pain she felt words couldn't explain, she just wanted to go home, she wanted to be with him.