07

Her POV

I brought myself to the jacuzzi in the fourth floor. The said floor is utilized for leisure activities such as swimming, sports, and of course my favorite—the jacuzzi. It was quiet as I was alone.

I went in the warm water; it was only natural as the weather here is very cold. As I sat, I set the wine beside the jacuzzi.

I felt my muscles aching, I believe it was due to the mission we had earlier. Ironically, I get tired easily. Because of that, I rested my head by the side of the jacuzzi. I closed my eyes for a while and there I couldn't control the sleepiness that overcame me that moment. Slowly, I felt myself falling asleep.

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt a light touch on my bare skin. Immediately, I shot open my eyes when I remembered where I fell asleep. I was still in the jacuzzi, wearing my bikini, and the wine was still by my side. Only one thing changed; I was not alone anymore.

It took my a while to process the situation but as soon as I realized, I tried to wake my consciousness up.

"Jeno," I greeted as I saw him sitting across me in the jacuzzi. He nodded as a sign of acknowledgment. "What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"11." He replied.

"Fuck," I cursed underneath my breath. "I slept for one hour." A murmur followed.

"You must be enjoying this floor." He said and gave me a glimpse.

"Yeah." I shyly answered, trying to end the conversation.

It's always awkward with him. Why did he have to go up?!

I almost ran out of breath when I met his eyes—especially, now that he's topless.

This is the most awkward shit that I could ever experience.

I continuously cursed in my mind.

"I'll go ahe—" I tried to speak but I was only cut off with his voice.

"Stay..." He said.

Huh?

"Is that a request?" I slightly chuckled.

"Yes."

I stood up the jacuzzi and turned my feet away.

"If that's the case, I'll have to turn it do—"

"I was kidding. It's an order." Jeno replied causing me to frown.

"Since when did you know how to joke?" I faced him with a hand on my hip.

"Just now." He deadpanned.

"You're confusing me." I said.

"Sit." He gestured and pointed on the jacuzzi seat across him. I did what I was told. "Here." He handed out a can of beer.

"For?" I questioned.

What a sudden act of kindness.

"You, obviously." He raised an eyebrow.

"No, like—"

"Just drink. I got it for you. You went through..." He paused and sighed. "I'm just trying to make you feel bett..." He paused again and looked away, sighing once more. "Just... just drink it! You experienced things you weren't supposed to earlier!" How he delivered his sentence made me chuckle, it was fast as a light.

"You care, huh?" I teased. Jeno was still avoiding my gaze.

"No." He answered averting his gaze on me. "Like I said, you're my responsibility now. Stop asking and drink, for heaven's sake." Jeno murmured the last remaining words in his sentence.

I opened the can smiling, I now saw another side of him. I wouldn't wanna call it cute but it was entertaining.

"Just so you know, I get drunk easily." I stated but he didn't seem bothered. He didn't even glanced at me! "Bring me back to my room if I get drunk."

"Why would I?"

"'Coz I'm your responsibility, dear." I gave him smile.

"I hate when you smile like that." He blurted causing a scoff to escape my mouth.

"Excuse me?" I tilted my head.

"It's annoying." He looked away.

I pushed myself towards him and positioned his face across mine. I gave Jeno the same smile and when I saw how flustered he looked, I laughed.

"I said stop." He furrowed his eyebrows.

Oops. Warning one.

But of course, silly me, didn't care.

I continued teasing him until he was the one who pushed himself towards me. He took steps towards me while I took back steps. I saw his hand slowly approaching my back and when I thought I hit the rough end of the jacuzzi, there his hand was. It served as a barrier between me and the rough surface of the walls of the jacuzzi.

His palm touched my bare back causing me to flinch, while his face was close enough for me to hold my breath. "Jeno..." I called under my breath.

"Don't ever test me again." His darkened gaze were locked on mine. It was the very first time in my life that I felt small yet... protected?

I couldn't put into words what I felt during those moments, but it was definitely a beautifully confusing one.

His arm's force pulled me closer to his shirtless body. "You don't know the things I'm capable of. I can always control myself but I have limits. Don't be too comfortable, Eight." He said and pulled away, leaving me dumbfounded in the jacuzzi.

A glass door closing was all I heard before I was completely alone again in the room.