Eight

Phoebe Daniels.

"I'm glad you could make it!" I got up from my seat, greeting Aaliyah with a warm hug.

I've been meaning to meet up for her fragrance idea, but with both of our busy schedules it didn't work at as soon as planned. It's been about a little over a month or so since I've seen Xavier, but we have been keeping in contact. In fact, I'm planning to come for his birthday in May.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't meet sooner girl, I've been so-"

"Busy? Right! I have been, too! But please, sit sit!" I scooted over in the booth I reserved for us.

Currently we're at a comedy club. Jim Carey is the show for tonight. I thought it'd be a nice way to unwind and laugh since we both have been so exhausted lately. I didn't want to order food until Aaliyah arrived though.

"You order yet?"

"No I was waiting for you. It's nice to finally meet you though." I smiled at her.

"Likewise Phoebe, so tell me how are you?" She questioned me.

"I'm fine, how are you? I know it must be hard being Aaliyah with all the press."

"It has its days, but we're not here to discuss me. We're here to discuss you." Aaliyah cheesed at me.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrow.

A waitress came over to our table with her pad in hand.

"Are you ready to order now?" The waitress asked politely.

"Umm, are you Aaliyah? I know what I'm getting."

Her eyes scanned the menu in deep thought. I'm surprised I could tell that because the lighting in here is dim. Only a spotlight for the stage.

"Yeah, I'd like you guys' salmon and fettuccine." She looked up to the waitress.

"Okay...and you miss?" The waitress looked to me.

"I'll go with you're honey BBQ wings and fries. Honey mustard on the side for my fries please." I smiled handing her our menus.

"That will be all?"

"Yes, thank you." I told her.

The waitress went off to put our order in. I poured Aaliyah a small glass of white wine, I preordered.

"So Phoebe, tell me a little about yourself." We toasted our glasses together taking a sip.

"Well..I am an entrepreneur as you know. I make fragrances. Perfumes, colognes all of that. Other than that I just try to enjoy life. I'm young I just had a birthday in February." I casually spoke to her.

"Really?! Happy belated how old did you turn?" She sipped her glass of wine.

"Twenty-two. I'm still young." I giggled.

"You are, well we both are."

-

"So Phoebe do you have a boyfriend?" I nearly choked on my wings when she said that.

"Hmm?" I dabbed my face with a napkin.

"You know you heard me." She pursed her lips together cutting her eyes at me.

I sighed in defeat.

"Well, I mean yeah I guess you can say that." I blushed thinking of Xavier.