XXXI

Rosie wrapped an arm around my waist as I stood in front of the mirror fixing my hair. Feeling her breath on my shoulder my knees were close to shaking again as I leant back into her.

"I really wish we didn't have to go back downstairs," Rosie said as she kissed my shoulder and looked at me in the reflection of the mirror. Her eyes were dark and she held my gaze as she placed another kiss, this time to my neck.

I turned around wrapping my arms around her neck. Feeling her wrap an arm around my waist and pulling me closer had my heart fluttering. I glanced over her shoulder at my bed and I could feel myself getting hot thinking about what had just happened.

"If we don't go now we won't go at all, besides, you could always stay over," Rosie raised her eyebrows at my suggestion.

"I'll have to go leave early in the morning, really early,".

"It's not like you've a long journey home," I pulled Rosie closer to me, kissing her in an attempt to persuade her to stay.

"Fine, you've convinced me," Rosie laughed against my lips before getting serious again, "and I really want to hear you scream my name again,".

And suddenly I was horny again.

"Samantha!" Liv screamed from the table as Rosie and I entered the kitchen. "Come sit we're playing Pyramid!" Liv shooed a random girl I had never seen before off a chair to her right and motioned for me to sit into it.

With Rosie following closely behind, another girl quickly moved away from the table taking her drink with her and giving Rosie her chair. Rosie sat across from me at the dining table as Natalie made her way over and placed a cup in front of us both.

"I'll re-shuffle," Jake decided taking all the up turned cards and shuffling them among the remaining cards. I caught Jake's eye as I slid stray card his way and Jake gave me a knowing look. His eyebrows raised slightly and my felt my cheeks grow red despite the scowl I was trying to give to him.

As if my face could not get any redder Natalie decided to say, "where were you guys?" I looked over and saw her pursed lips and growing smirk.

"Nat," Rosie snapped and Natalie instantly dropped her smirk, "you call this a drink?" Rosie raised the glass Natalie had put in front of us. Natalie rolled her eyes and took Rosie's cup back from the table and went back to the counter with the bottles.

As Jake spread the cards face down in a pyramid shape in the centre of the table, Natalie came back with glass of what I guessed was whiskey. Placing the drink in front of Rosie the two shared a look. Rosie held Natalie's gaze for a moment before Natalie stood back, downed her own drink, and walked away from the table.

Jake gave me a questioning look but I just shook my head. Natalie's ever-changing mood was something I barely paid attention to anymore.

Unfortunately, Liv's pyramid game was kicking my ass. By my third drink I thought my bladder was going to explode and I excused myself from the table. Moving through the house I opted for the bathroom near the side entrance, however the closer I got the colder the temperature in the back hallway was.

As I rounded the corner I saw Natalie standing by the open side door, her back turned to me. She was having a hushed conversation with someone on the other side of the threshold and for a moment a chill went down my back thinking Danny had actually tried to crash the party.

I took a closer step, trying to stay out of sight of whoever Natalie was talking to.

"If you don't finish this job your debt is doubled,".

"They've cancelled the weekend, my market crashed Natalie, I can't shift all this," a male voice replied that absolutely was not Danny. The panic in his voice had a new chill going down my back.