Prologue

Silver's POV

In the beginning, life was the best; I had a wonderful brother who loved and cared for me and was my rock. Also, I had semi-loving parents well, not at first anyway, not when I was born because I was born with some strange powers that nobody in our family or kingdom possessed; they turned a blind eye to me and quite literally put me in a tower that only a maid will check on me for food and see if I was alright. Remember how I said life, in the beginning, was the best? Well, after reading what you just read, you might how that is the best, well it was my brother that made it the best, and here is why. After they put me in that tower, my so-called parents at the time forbid him from ever making contact with me, but of course, being the brother that he was, took it upon himself to sneak in and get to know me and play with me and be there for me even the maid that was taking care of me at the time kept it a secret and let my brother see me whenever he wanted. Now I am going to fast forward a few years to when I was about 14 years old; now you are wondering, well, what happened to my parents and why I have these strange powers? I will get to that, so bear with me on this. As I was saying, when I was about 14 years old, I wanted to fight with my brother since I was born at a time when darkness was everywhere, and the war was literally on my doorstep every day. I know it sounds depressing, but it will get better, I promise. Now that I was old enough to understand what had been going on, I took it upon myself to ask my brother to teach me the way of the sword and archery. Believe me, when I say this, it took me six days of begging and giving him puppy dog eyes until he finally caved in. It was hard work, but I pushed through and was able to master them within a month and a half. Also, within that time, I was learning how to control my strange power all by myself; well, almost by myself, my brother and my maid were there to help me as best as they could. Remember, no one is there to teach me how to use my strange powers since I was the first to be born with them. My brother said that Valar gifted them to me for a purpose, for which purpose I did not know at the time. After seven years had passed, I was able to control my powers and use them and fight with my brother for so many more years to come, but it soon ended in a blink of an eye that, to this day, I still think was my fault, and I could have been better, do something more. Now on to the story's present for my life that might change for the better or worse.