Chapter 1

Silver's POV

"Hey Moonshadow what is wrong." My loyal horse, who has been with me since I was a small elfling, starts to be on guard then all of a sudden, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I look to my left and my right, taking out the bow and loading an arrow seeing between the trees. Soon I hear movement with my excellent hearing, and I take my target and release my hand, and it hits the orc right in the middle of its chest. It makes a gurgling sound and falls forward. I let out a breath and looked at Moonshadow.

"Come on, let's get out of here before more come because I am not in the mood to fight these gross orcs." Moonshadow nods, and I hop on his back, and we ride to Rivendell.

It took me about nine days to get to Rivendell; once I arrived, it was half past the time the meeting started. I jump off Moonshadow, take him to the horse shed, feed him some hay, and head to Lord Elrond's office because I feel I missed the meeting.

"Just great I am always late for the important stuff but when it comes to fighting orcs no I make it on time or I am in the middle of them."

I sighed and headed to find someone to ask them where Lord Elrond was or tell them I would be waiting in his study. Soon I see someone, and they find Lord Elrond for me, and I open the door to his study and stay on the balcony that looks out into the woods and the mountain. I keep my hood up and my mask still on. About a few minutes later, I heard two light footsteps and two loud ones coming to the door. One of the soft footsteps belongs to Lord Elrond himself, while one of the more audible footsteps belongs to one of my oldest Mellon, Gandalf. Soon the door opens, and I turn around to see Gandalf come in first. I smile underneath my mask and hug him right away since it has been so long since I have seen him. Next comes a man with clean-cut black hair and elvish clothing, and startling grey eyes that, if you look into them closely, look like the calm before the storm. Next came a tall, blond-looking elf with two braids connecting to the back of his head and was handsome with sky-blue eyes that I could be lost in. Last but not least, my other Mellon, Lord Elrond, came in a while, closing the door; he had long black hair and a stoic face on, but when he turned around, he gave me one of his smiles that I have not seen since we were little elflings.

"Silver, it is so nice to see you after so many years," Elrond says in elvish, and I hug him.

"I am sorry for being late I got Gandlaf's letter 9 days ago and I was caught up with dealing with orcs along the way." I say back in elvish.

Elrond nods, and I look at the two men staring at me and then back to Elrond; we speak with our eyes, and I shake my head and take down my hood and mask. Once I did that, I fixed my hair and let out a breath. "So my Mellon's, why did you send for me for this meeting, in the letter you both said that it was urgent and I need to come here right away." I speak to them in English.

Elrond lets out a sigh. We need your help. I nod my head to let him continue. "The one ring has been found." My eyes go wide, but I remember feeling its presence when I entered Riverdale.

"I see so what I sensed when I entered Riverndal was the ring." Gandalf laughs. "You my dear Mellon are very astute as ever." I smile at that.

"Do you want me to take the ring to Mount Doom to destroy it, or do you want me to come along with a group of people?"

"As I said, my dear, very astute," Gandalf says again.

"You are correct on that part Silver about going with a group," Elrond said.

"So where is the ring now and who is keeping it safe? I know it's not with the both of you," I say while pointing at Gandalf and Elrond. Gandalf speaks up. "No, my dear you are correct in that assumption. The ring is with Frodo Baggings."

"You mean as in Bilbo Baggings." Gandalf nods his head, and I smile. Hobbits never cease to amaze me. "Ok, so who else is going on this quest." Gandalf smiles and says, "It will be me and Frodo and these two gentlemen next to you, Sam Wisegamgee, Pippin Took and Mary Brandybuck, and then there is Gimli, son of Gloin, and finally Bomoir, son of Denethor." When I hear Gloin's name, I smile.

Elrond speaks up. "So will you accept and join this group you will be helping Gandalf here keep an eye and they could use your skills."

I let out a sigh. "I don't know Mellon, I have been fighting this evil for 3,000 years protecting different races and guiding them to safer places." I go into my thoughts until the man to my left speaks.

"I remember now you are the Silver Ranger that helps every race." He looks at me with wide eyes, and so does the elf standing next to him. I turn to them and bow my head.

"Yes, that is me, and let me guess, you are Strider the Ranger from the Dunedin people and are known by another name that many don't know. I believe your true name is Aragon, son of Arathorn the 2nd. Am I correct on that." Aragon looks at me with wide eyes, and I look at the elf next to him.

"And you must be Prince Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil." Both men still look at me with wide eyes like I said something or did something to their dying cat. Legolas also looks at me with wide eyes and let out a laugh at their reactions, and so do Elrond and Gandalf. "Oh, please don't be so surprised. Did both of your fathers not tell you that I am a friend and have known them since we were all children, isn't that right Elrond." Elrond laughs and nods his head.

"Now back on track to the problem at hand, I will go with you all on this journey since I have nothing better to do and it is time for all this evil to end, but I have a condition."

"What may that me my dear," Gandalf says.

"If there is any danger that neither the rest of the group can defeat I want you Gandalf to take the group and leave me behind to let me deal with it."

"But my dear...

"No promise me Gandalf please you and Elrond both know that my fate has always been tied to the evil ring and I don't want to go through what I went to in the past never again. Please Mellon."

"Alright, my dear I promise."

"Thank you, my friend. Now I believe there are two old friends that I need to say hello to before I leave." I walk to the door and put up my hood, and I am about to put on my mask when I feel like there is something that Gandalf forgets to tell me. I put my hand on the door handle. "Gandalf, there is something else you are not telling me. Something that I should know."

Gandalf lets out a sigh. "Yes, my dear you are correct." I hear the hesitation in his voice. "Saruman the white has betrayed us breeding his own orcs to destroy Middle Earth."

Once those words left his mouth, I felt anger rise in me that my hold on the door handle became tight to the point of being broken and my other hand into a close fit to the point where my nails dug into my palm. Soon I remember that I have an audience and let out a sigh and let my hand relax on the door and unclench my fits. "Of course, he would betray us," I say quietly and walk out the door while putting my mask back on, then head to find my two old friends I have not seen in years.