Chapter 6

(POVs from the rest of the fellowship back to the spies of Cerbain)

Legolas's POV

Once we got to the clearing, Gandalf told us to rest for a little bit. Soon the fellowship went to do their own thing, with Boromir teaching Merry and Pippin to sword fight and Sam cooking and watching the scene with Frodo and Aragon also watching while putting in his input on the lesson as well. Gandalf and Gimili were talking about something, but I turned them out and focused solely on Silver, who had separated herself from the group. She was sitting on a rock looking at the sky, searching for something, but I couldn't tell because her hood was up. Why is she such a mystery? I thought to myself. I was so focused on my thoughts that I almost missed her beautiful singing. It sounded so sad, and when she was signing, it felt like each word that came out of her mouth made me think about my Ada and my home. Why does she sing with so much pain?

Aragon's POV

I was so focused on the training that Boromir was teaching the two hobbits that I almost missed Silver's singing. I could tell she was in pain like a sad memory came to her while she was singing; I doubt Silver noticed that she was singing; it was quiet, but I could clearly hear it. Also, it made me think about all the people I have lost and my future, like she is experiencing the same thing. She is so well reserved that I don't want to push her into telling me anything, but at the same time, I am curious about her past and what made her like this in the first place. For now, I will leave the matter be.

Boromir's POV

I almost missed Silver's singing; it was like anything I had not heard before, yet so familiar as I had listened to that singing as a child. I was so intrigued that I stopped what I was doing and stood there watching her. Soon I started to think about my home and my brother left with my father, wondering how he was doing, for I know how father can be with my brother.

Merry's and Pippin's POV

Suddenly Boromir stops and looks at Silver, and I look at Pippin, but he is already looking at Silver as well; I was so confused until I heard her sweet voice. It was quiet but still able to hear clearly. She sounded so sad when singing it that I wondered what had happened to such a kind person. She barely talks and keeps to herself, but for some reason, I feel like she is doing that for our safety, but I could be wrong. Once Boromir stopped, I followed his gaze to Silver and heard her singing; it was so sad that it made me think about my home and how I miss being there, but so far, I don't regret leaving because I get to hear this beautiful voice.

Sam's and Frodo's POV

I watched Merry and Pippin fight with Mr. Boromir until my attention was pulled away by a beautiful voice that I have ever heard and was coming from Silver. I started thinking about my home, garden, and the rest of the hobbits. I was happy just thinking about them, but her song sounded so sad that I was intrigued about what happened to her to make her feel this way and who she lost. Right from the beginning, I heard a sweet voice singing, and I turned to Sam, wondering if he heard it too, but he was focused on the fight between Merry and Pippin with Boromir. I turned away from Sam and watched Silver, for I knew that voice was her's, but Silver was singing with so much pain that my heart felt the same pain she was feeling right now. What happened to her that made this kind lady all sad? I want to ask, but she is reserved and closed off her heart like she is afraid of what will happen if she comes close to us. Is it because I have the One ring around my neck, or is it something else? that I can't put my finger on, but all I know is that I want to help her.

Gimili's POV

I stopped my conversation with Gandalf, for I had never heard a sweet voice like that to the point it made me think about my home and my family, and I have started to miss them, but at the same time, I know I am on this quest for them to have a better life with no more pain and death.