Chapter 1- Fat funny friend.

The fat funny friend.

I was tagged as the "fat funny friend" all my life. I grew up always having to worry about my weight constantly. I never really had a normal childhood. Because all kid rides weren't for my weight and people would always bully me and find ways to make me feel bad because of how I looked.

I was constantly depressed and sad for months and just when I thought I was feeling better, some block headed human being would bring it up again and I'd go back to the same cycle again and again.

I woke up one morning or let's say, I wake up every morning and decide that I didn't want to be the fat funny friend any more. I wanted to be the slim funny friend. It was extremely hard trying to loose weight and I wasn't really consistent. I'd exercise for a few days and stops and go back to my normal eating habits.

It was really a tough cycle, going round in circles. But that phase will happen as soon as I quit my job. Gosh I hated my job.

My life was pretty boring, I had a 9-5 job. I worked as a secretary to my fat-phobic racist boss, and fat-phobic colleagues.

I won't say their degrading comments didn't hurt, but I mean that was literally the only thing they could say. "Phoebe why don't you loose weight, your skirt seems too tight", "Phoebe you can't get any work done because you're so fat", "you should be committed to the gym same way you're committed to your food relationship", "I'm so glad I'm not fat", "how do you get any work done with all those fat in you?", "you'll never find any man that loves you with all those fat".

I've heard it all. Literally speaking. One day a strange man called me out of the bloom and told me I need to go to the gym. And he just left. I was so dumbfounded and shocked. Like what the hell just happened?

These were the thoughts I think of every single morning. It was like a warm up to start my day. I roll to my side and check my phone to see the time was 6:00am.

I got up from my bed lazily as all my thoughts jumbled in my head.

I brushed my teeth and got to the shower. Besides being fat, I had other things in my body that was actually really good. I had perfect set of white teeth without braces or teeth whitening or any dentist shit.

I took my bath with warm water and I felt so cozy and happy. I got out of the shower and applied cocoa butter on my dark skin.

I loosened the twist out I did the day before and used my hands with some oils to arrange it to make it look pretty.

Dressed up and headed to work.

As I sat in the bus heading to work, my whole thoughts were just jumbled together. I kept thinking of different things ranging from how I have a failed love life, to how my boss and my colleagues makes my life a living hell, to how my African parents constantly pressure me to get married to A white American doctor and so on and so forth.

After about 7-10 minutes I arrive at my place of work. I step down from the bus and the cold breeze sent shivers down my spine and my whole body was filled with goose bumps. It felt like I was going to have a very strange day ahead.

I proceeded to enter the building and I was welcomed by the nasty smile of our receptionist Patricia. One word to describe her? KAREN.

She is always bitchy and always in a sour mood. She always most times transfers her anger into racial aggression.

I was determined not to let that hoe bag get to me so I pretended like she was on existent.

"Phoebe, your hair looks particularly nice today, giving the sad atmosphere." She blurted out.

I mean, she is a Karen and she speaks some gibberish nonsense most times. But I still pretended like she wasn't there and entered into the elevator and imputed "50".

The elevator ride feels it should be longer that what it actually is since the floor is on the 50th floor, but in a matter of seconds I always get to my destination.

The atmosphere seemed extremely cold, everyone seemed to be in a dull mood and their spirit seemed dead. I began having goose bumps.

I thought to myself that my life is over. Everything I've worked for is going down the drain. Before I knew it, a tear fell from my eyes. But I wiped it swiftly without anyone noticing.

I kept thinking to myself "if the company is shutting down, my life is over".

I wanted to speak but I remained silent. Everyone just mined their business and they had no negative remarks to give me.

I was beyond shocked, but still I was confused. Was this the sad atmosphere Patricia was talking about?

I went to my office desk first dropped my bag and settled everything before I had to met one of my colleagues to satisfy my curiosity.

I slowly and quietly went to the lady nearest to my office and whispered "Hey good morning, what's with the whole sad mood this morning? Did someone die?" I asked genuinely out of curiosity.

"Yeah" was all she could blurt out before she started crying profusely.

"He is dead! He died yesterday night, he had seizures and he couldn't be rushed down to the hospital on time so he passed during a seizure" was all she could say while crying.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss" I said to her comfortingly while tapping her back gently.

I didn't know who died exactly or what was even going on, but I had to make use of this situation to my benefit.

I went to my desk and started working, since my boss hadn't arrived, I used that opportunity to do everything I could do so he wouldn't have any negative thing to say.

Few hours passed, and I checked the time and saw it was already 9:00am and it was very unusual for my boss to come that late because he hated lateness and was never late for anything since I've known him.

It was already 1pm and he still hadn't come. But I didn't give a shit. I hated him, he was a shitty person and I had no reason to care about him.

I went to a restaurant to get lunch. I ordered fries and chicken wings with soda. It was heavenly! It was literally one of the best seasoned chicken I tasted.

The restaurant wasn't too far from my place of work so I just walked gracefully after I had one of the best lunch ever.

After I got to my office, I met the most handsome dark skinned, toned, Greek god man I had ever seen in my entire existence.

He had waves on his head and he wore a brown suit that matched his complexion perfectly with a white shirt and multicoloured tie.

He looked beyond perfect and I was completely dumbfounded.

He looked up into my gaze and said "Hey, I'm Mr Sean I'll be replacing your late boss from today"

Hey guys, how are you? How do you like this first chapter?