III

𝔇𝔦𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔢𝔢 𝔦𝔱?|||ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

𝔈𝔭𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔡𝔢 𝔗𝔴𝔬

_____

Monica wakes up to the sound of police cars . "Oh what happened." Monica mumbles getting out of bed. "Monica walks down the stairs being meet by two police officers. "Um Hello?" "Monica Wheeler?" "Yup that's me. Mom what happened?" Monica asks looking back at her mom. "They're only gonna ask you a few questions Monica it'll be fine." Karen says to her daughter.

"So Chrissy is one of your best friends correct?" The officer asks. "Um yeah. Wait why did something happen to her?" Monica says sternly. The two police look at the ground making the girl shed a tear. "What's your relation with Eddie Munson." "He's my ex, did he do something to Chrissy?" "Did Chrissy tell you anything about buying drugs?" "Chrissy isn't like that she doesn't do drugs and if she did she would tell us." "Us?" The police questions. "Yeah me, Ophelia, Celeste, or Jason maybe Molly." "Did she ever talk to Eddie at all." "Nope not even when we were dating they never interacted. Did he do something to her did her hurt Chris!" Monica yells. They again don't reply. "Is Chris dead?" Monica adds on softly tears streaming down her cheeks. The police don't say anything but look at each other and nod. "NO!" Monica screams as Karen runs up to her hugging her. "She can't be gone, no no she can't. My Chrissy." Monica says softly.

Just than Monica hears the phone ring. "I'm uh gonna go answer that." Monica says softly stopping herself from crying. "Hey Monica." "Oh um hi Lucas." Monica says softly. "You know where the party was gonna be right?" "Um yeah im just not really in the party mood." "Yeah I know you wouldn't be right now but Celeste and Ophelia are coming over so if you wanna come you're welcome too I know it must be hard right now." Lucas says softly. "Yeah I mean one second Chris is here and now I'll never see her again." Monica says sobbing softly. "So will you come over Ophelia wants to know." Lucas says. "Yeah in like a hour." Monica says quietly. "Okay well I hope you feel better I'm sorry for your loss, bye Monica." "Thank you bye Lucas." 

Monica walks out of her room. "So who was it?" Karen asks. "Lucas, Ophelia and Celeste are going over to meet up with everyone or grieve." Monica says forcing a smile. "You can go if you want just be careful." "Can I get a movie first you know so I can watch it with them?" "Of course you can." "Okay thanks bye mom." Monica says as he runs out side.

Monica starts her car driving to the family video store still crying. She gets out of the car, Monica walks in tears still running down her face she couldn't stop crying. Monica walks around looking for Grease specifically. As Monica walks in she sees Dustin, Max, Robin, and Steve all at the counter. Monica walks around tears still running down her face feeling embarrassed because of how much she was crying but Chrissy was like her sister she couldn't just get over it. "Hey Monica- oh are you alright?" Dustin says. "No I'm not alright. Chrissy is dead she's gone and its all his fault, he killed her." Monica says sobbing into her hands. Just than Steve comes over and raps his arms around her. "Hey I know you're going through a rough time right now but do you happen to know where Eddie would be hiding right now?" Monica's shocked. "Seriously? My best friend just died and you're asking about her murderer!" Monica shouts. They all look at her pleadingly. "Okay fine whatever his names Rick, Reefer Rick. You've probably heard of him, Eddie crashes there sometimes- wait why are you  asking that?" Monica asks looking at all of them. 

They all look at each other. "Well these two don't think Eddie killed her." Steve says going through movies. Monica let's out a laugh "So what are you planning to do, go find him?" "Yes actually." Dustin says causing the girl to look at him like he's crazy. "Fine I'll help only because I want the truth and if he did it I want  to know why."  "So where does this Reefer Rick guy live." Robin asks. "Well here's the thing no one knows he's more of like a legend." Max responds. "What about a last name." Dustin asks. "No one and I mean no one knows his last name I doubt Eddie even knows it." Monica adds. "Bet the cops know the last name." Steve says. "What?" Max says. "Cops." Steve says. "I mean listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point." Steve adds on. "The cops?" Dustin questions. "Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?" Dustin adds. "I think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." "You think Eddie's guilty don't you." Dustin says. "Whoa. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just you know, don't think we can rule it out." Steve says. "I think he's guilty." Monica mumbles. "That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Max says. "And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to fina a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie." Dustin snaps. "For your information I already have a girlfriend, and someone needs to attend the customers!" Steve says. "Especially if their babes right? Wait girlfriend?" Robin says making. "Hey, not fair. Okay? I attend all the customers equally babes and non-babes alike." After that Monica just zoned out at what Steve is saying. 

Just than Robin starts typing on the computer. Everyone walks to the back to see what Robin is doing but Monica just walks around the store. Monica heard someone say "Bingo"  meaning they found him? "Lipton?" "Spelled like the tea. 2121 Holland Road." "That's out by lovers lake." "Middle of nowhere." "It's a perfect place to hide." "Im taking it you found him than."

They all run out of the store. Monica gets in their car later realizing she left her car there. The act ride was silent so they soon drive up to the house. Dustin rings the doorbell multiple times. "Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve says. Dustin shouts at the door. "Stop screaming." Monica says as he keeps screaming. "Hey guys." Max yells catching their attention. They walk past the house unexpectedly as they're about to walk in Steve grabs Monica's hand. "Hello is anyone home?" Robin says opening the door. They all look around the boat house

Steve starts hitting a boat with a rod. Going back and forth about taking the tarp off with Dustin. "Hey look over here." Max says "someone was here." She adds "Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran." Robin says. "I doubt it if anything that boy can not run very fast." Monica says making the girls laugh. Out of no where Steve gets pushed into the wall by Eddie. "Eddie!" Everyone screams. "Eddie stop Eddie!" Dustin screams "it's me Dustin this is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?" "Right yeah." Steve replies. "Steve why don't you drop the oar." Dustin says as the sound of the oar dropping rings in everyone's ears. The sound causes Eddie to stick the glass closer to his neck. "He's cool. He's cool!" Dustin's shouts. "I'm cool, man. I'm cool." Steve says quietly. "What are you doing here?" Eddie finally says. "We're looking for you." Dustin says. "We're here to help." Robin adds. "Eddie, these are my friends." Dustin says. That's when Monica and Eddie make eye contact she gives him a little wave. "You know Robin, from band. This is my  friend Max the one who never wants to play dnd, and you know Monica. Eddie. We're on your side. I swear on my mother." Dustin says as everyone swears on his mother. Right as everyone agrees he drops Steve. Monica runs over to Steve quickly they hold eye contact before Monica jolts away to go see Eddie. "You won't believe me." Eddie says crying.

"Try us." Max responds to Eddie. Eddie tell his story and the others tell him what they have to say Monica was out of it. A clock starts in the background 'tik tok, tik tok' the clock goes Monica walks to it as it disappears. "Monica!" Steve yells shaking her. "Oh I'm what?" "We're leaving now cmon." "Wait Steve... did you not see that?"

"See what?"

______

Tuesday, July 26th 2022

9:51-10:00pm