four.

The only place where people hang out in Hawkins is the Starcourt mall. It's the only place where nannies, children, jocks, nerds, burnouts, and white collar workers can get along without their class divides being given away. I walked next to Kat, admiring the glow of the food retail stores. The mall was packed as usual, mostly full of teenagers. I recognized a few from our school.

Everyone was scrambling to get last minute Halloween costumes. 

"What are you and Robin doing tonight?" I asked Kat. Her hair was in a half up half down style, complete with a blue scrunchie, bouncing as she turned towards me.

"She's coming over after her shift ends, and we're gonna watch horror movies all night," she replied.

"Well, at least the characters wont be the only thing screaming," I replied laughing. She hit me across the arm, at least she was in good spirits. I thought about what Steve said last night. There's no reason for me to believe Robin would push me into the mud or try and sabotage my uniform. What would she gain from it?

"Did Steve stay to help you last night?" she asked

"Did Steve stay to help you last night?" she asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, scrubbed out my gauntlets and then left," I replied. 

"He didn't even say sorry or anything?" She asked. I shook my head, apologies were the last thing on my mind. "What a poser." We continued through the food court, our destination in view.

Robin worked at this ice cream parlor in the mall called 'Scoops Ahoy', along with Steve. She didn't want the job, but after nothing else was available her mom ended up convincing Steve's mom to have him really sell her to the boss. Now, she scoops ice cream for five bucks an hour. 

"Ahoy ladies," Steve laid both his arms on the counter, tossing a rag over his shoulder. he was dressed in a red and blue sailor uniform complete with an ascot and a white hat. "What can I get started for ya?"

"Steve!" A voice called from the back. Robin emerged, looking as annoyed as ever. "These are my customers dickbrain." Steve backed up, letting her take over. He locked his eyes with mine before turning to head towards the back. "Hey babe," Robin said smiling as she leaned across the counter, giving Kat a quick kiss. "Cherry?"

 "Cherry?"