𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙

" Sucked into a black balloonSpat into an empty room "

Spat into an empty room "

Living dead, MARINA

My name is Jacqueline Ellis and I was abducted by the Grabber. I was his first and only girl victim. When I was abducted It was a nice cold breezy day, I was walking home from watching a baseball game. I was wearing a white knitted sweater and bell-bottom jeans. My hair was down and had two small braids on the sides.

I went to watch baseball games when I was bored, I'd wave to Bruce Yamada every time I saw him play. At the end of each game, I would tell each team good job, whether they won or lost. My friends insisted we all walked together. Oh, how foolish I was to tell them, no, but I didn't know I was going to die back then. I wanted to take a walk by myself to clear my head. But then there he was...

With his black van, he told me he needed help to find his dog and if I'd help him he'd show me a magic trick and give me a balloon. I asked where he had the balloons. He showed me the back of his van. Then he sprayed helium stuff in my mouth, so I would pass out. I dug my nails into his right upper arm as hard as my little fourteen-year-old self could until I passed out. Before I knew if I had cut him. I woke up to the man putting me on a mattress in a basement. "I should cut your hand off, for what you did to my fucking arm!" he scream. My vision was blurry and I was scared he'd kill me right there and then. He was standing next to the mattress from what little I could see. While I was pushing myself to go against the wall. Away from him. "I-I didn't mean it. I'm just angry, I didn't mean to scare you" and he left. I was in shock, I laid there on the bed cold and tired. My vision was still very blurry. I fell asleep to gain some energy for what the unknown had in store for me.

I woke up the next morning to the man standing next to the door, it was closed. He had a tray with eggs and a sprite on it. "your awake, what's your name?" "What does it matter?" I said in a low voice "well, I need to call you something. I'll find out in the papers in a day or so" "it's Jacqueline..." he placed the tray on the bed by me.

My vision was better now, he had a mask on it devil horns on the top, and a smiling face on the bottom. "Well, that's a pretty name for a pretty girl" I felt goosebumps all over my body. "I wouldn't make you do anything you are scared to do," he said as he touched my hair and then reached to cup his hands on my face. I had been too scared to move so I let him. He stopped cupping my face and he went to leave. With what bravery I had left I told him.  "I'll scream" "good luck, no one will hear you. I soundproofed this room myself." Then he left. I didn't try screaming what's the point?

It would just make my voice hurt. I started to examine the basement. The room had two different floorings, cement on one side and black and white tiles on the other side. To my right there was a black dial phone on the wall, the wires were cut. To my left, there was a little hallway that lead to somewhere. I got up and went to see where it lead. There in the center was a toilet and some other things. I went back to the phone and put the receiver to my ear. There was nothing but dead air. I put the phone back and started to cry. I was alone and going to die. I started to punch the mattress. A cord came out. An idea popped into my head. I looked around the room again. There was a small window, it had bars on it. I threw the cord to try and get the cord through the bars. It didn't work, it just hit my hand and cut it. It wasn't a big cut but it stung.

I ripped a piece of the fabric off the mattress and wrapped it around my cut. Then hid the cord back in the mattress. I ate the cold eggs and had some sprite with them. I then went to bed to gain more energy.

I woke up it was morning, and the man was staring at me. I got up and pushed my body against the wall. "I wasn't going to do anything to you, I only wanted to look at you" "I'm hungry" " I can't feed you" "why" "you'll have to wait" "will someone see?" He put his hands into fists, he got tense. Someone was upstairs. "No" he was lying. I had a chance to escape! He got up and opened the door "behave, or you'll be a naughty girl" and left. I got up and when to examine the tiles. There were some loose titles by the wall dividing the two rooms. They weren't loose enough for me to pull them up. I cried again.

I sat on the mattress and went to bed again. I woke up it was later it was almost pitch black out. I got up and checked the door. It was unlocked. It was a trick, but he could be asleep. I opened the door and went up the stairs and opened another door and there he was. At the top of the stairs with his devil mask and a frowning face. With a belt in his hand. He was awake. "Time to play naughty boy. You naughty little girl" I tried running. It was stupid but I had to try. He graded me by my hair and brought me back downstairs. He beat me with his belt for hours I could barely sit up afterward. He left without saying a word.

I fell asleep crying. He woke me up by putting a tray on the floor with eggs and sprite again "it's your last day. enjoy the meal, naughty girl" and left. I started to cry. I cried so much, that I was surprised that I could still cry. I was going to die. I was hurting, scared, and alone.

I ate and drank what I could. I crawled in pain to the loose titles and had the sprite bottle in my hand. I broke the sprite bottle and used one of the halves to help me. Making the tiles looser. I got them to come off. I put them back, I wouldn't have enough time to do anything anyways. I was going to die tonight. Hopefully, if he kidnapped another kid. They'd find the loose tiles and think of something.

He came down, when it was pitch black out. He had a knife in his right hand and a leash in his left attached to his dog. I tried running for the small hallway. But fell instead, right on the loose tiles. He stabbed me over and over again. Blood trickled down from my stomach to my head. He had cut my face. Leaving a cut from my jawline to just a little bit under my eye. Then I felt nothing but a cold, numb, and headache feeling. I was dead. I was still in that room...
A ghost, that didn't remember things she'd known her whole life. All I could remember was my name, how I died, and that I'm dead. I only survived four days.

My parents called the police. When I wasn't home the next morning. They started putting posters up everywhere. The only thing they found at the crime scene was black balloons and my charmed bracelet; it had a "J" charm on it. They had a search party looking for me for 2 months and after 4 months they closed the case and declared it a cold case. The town was scared and the kids were terrified. Worried they'd be next. I was dead for a year (1977) then the man took another kid in 1978 it was a boy.

----------------------------------------------------
A/n:
Hopefully, you like the beginning!

Words: 1418