𝟢𝟢𝟣. 𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗀𝗎𝗒

𝗋𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗒
𝟫:𝟣𝟥𝗉𝗆
𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗅𝖾𝗒, 𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗂𝗌𝗂𝖺𝗇𝖺

•••

Walmart. What a great place.

Me and my friend Ivone stop there to get some water bottles and some snacks.

We do not want to pass out from dehydration at this concert tonight.

"You think we should drink like three each?" I ask her as I pick them out of the mini fridge they have near self check-out.

"Yea like three. Girl, my friend Aniya went to Rolling Loud, passed out and missed her favorite artist perform! All because she didn't drink water beforehand."

"Oh yeah nah, I'm seeing this nigga perform!" I grab six water bottles.

Ivone chuckles, "Girl you been waiting for this moment. He been yo favorite rapper for like three years."

"Exactly. And we live in the same town as him and haven't seen him not one time!"

"I mean we did go to school with him... but you never even spoke to that man."

"Bruh, I would have but I was not focused on boys during school, I was trying to get a full scholarship somewhere."

"Now you tryna get a full ride somewhere else..."

"Ivone..."

She busts out laughing as we finish checking out.

Ivone turns around, she just got a feeling, I guess.

"Uhhh," she starts hitting me on the arm. "Either we spoke this shit into existence or..."

"Girl stop hitting m-"

I turn around.

Him.

Walking to the self check-out section we had just left.

"Girl, no fucking way..." I say in shock.

"Just calm down because I know you wanna scream right now."

We continue to stare at him in shock because it was just so random for him to be here.

Ever since we graduated I have not seen this nigga not one time...anywhere.

But the day I'm going to his concert, I see him beforehand.

What does that mean?

He looks up at us, then back down, then back up at us confused.

Me and Ivone try to play it off as if we weren't staring.

Me and his eyes lock, and he nods his head.

I wave awkwardly as Ivone tugs on me, "Girl come on let's go. We'll see him tonight."

I turn around and we walk out the exit doors.

𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗆𝗇
𝟣𝟢:𝟤𝟢𝗉𝗆
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗋𝗍

∙∙∙

"Bro like 'what's dat smell'? We just smoked a opp!"

"Pack up in da mail, it must be dat drop!" The crowd yelled.

"Blue lights give me ptsd, swear to god I hate cops!"

The crowd continues to rap along as me and my friends perform on stage.