2

Sirius counted himself an extremely lucky man. First, he had gotten into Gringotts without any incident due to a simply reversed transfiguration that McGonagall had been kind enough to put on him. As a hamster, he had been small enough to fit into Harry's pocket until they got in to see the account manager. When Harry had asked Gringotts standing on Sirius Black, the goblin had said that they believed him innocent, because Peter Pettigrew still showed living status in their records. Then he said that even if they thought him guilty, they wouldn't turn him over to the ministry, so long as there was business to be had. He needn't mention their everyday dealings with the Voldemort's henchman for Harry to get the idea. It was all about the money. So Harry had pulled the hamster out, put him on the chair, and released the spell. Being surrounded by magic, he didn't need to worry about the ministry tracking the wand.

On top of all of that,Sirius was witness to the return of the great and mythical Beaufoy line. Which would return to greatness in his godson. What more could a man ask for? Well, actually, a hot babe or two would be nice, but he wasn't going to push it.

They reached the Beaufoy vaults and were prevented from going any further by a large green dragon. It had been lying down and possibly sleeping, but as they approached it stood upright and ready to guard its treasure. SilverKnuckle approached the dragon and spoke quickly in Gobbledegook. The dragon roared out in what seemed to be anger and swatted at the smaller creature. The goblin scuttled quickly back to where Sirius and Harry stood.

"He doesn't believe me I guess. Since I can't understand him, it's hard to tell, but I do know that he won't let us in."

"What did you tell him?" Harry asked. He was concerned that the goblins had no control over their own security. He would be upset if he was denied a chance at this new power that was so close he could taste it.

"I said that the heir to the vault had been found and needed access. He tried to swat me like a common fly." The goblin was both flustered and annoyed at being treated in such a way.

As Harry looked at the dragon, he notices something about the way it was moving. It seemed very…serpentine. Almost snake like. He had an idea and decided to give it a try.

~Hello. What is your name?~

~Ah, a parselmouth! It's been years since I encountered one with your talent. Come closer young one!

Harry stepped closer to the large dragon and the creature leaned over to sniff him. The breath was warm like a summer breeze, with a faint odor of rotting meat. Not the nicest smell in the world, but hey, at least it wasn't fire.

~So the little gnome wasn't lying, eh? You are the heir. I can smell the power in you. Tell me, child, what will you do with this power? And be sure to tell me the truth. I will know!~

Harry thought about it for a second, before responding, ~I will change the world.~

~Oh? Into what? Paradise, perhaps? Or hell on earth? Which will be?~

~It will be what I want it to be! If it is hell on earth for those who betray me or those who stand in the way of my revenge, well then that is of their own making, now isn't it?~

The dragon looked at him for a moment and then said, ~I knew I recognized you. You're that kid who had to participate the Tournament aren't you? Had to face the Horntail, you did. You act just like she does.~ Harry was shocked but then realized that he was looking at a Welsh Green. Thinking back to the Triwizard, he realized that there was one of those in the competition. This must have been the one.

~I thought you would have gone back to Romania. How did you end up here?~

The dragon gave what could only be described as a laugh. ~The reserve in Romania is a breeding program, and I'm past my prime as far as potential mating material is concerned. So, when my job was done they sent me here. Anyway, this job isn't so bad, but it's good to know that the Beaufoy power is reentering the world. My grandfather knew a Beaufoy, and they got along quite well. I'm happy to have been here to have met the first one back. Good luck kid.~