11

The Great Hall was loud with discussion, and the muggleborn students that didn't understand what was happening, were being filled in. The last time someone had dared to defy the Goblins in their practices, the Goblins had waged war on the Wizarding World. That was the reason for the last Goblin Rebellion. Hence the reason Harry was getting a lot of dirty looks. He had just unleashed what was guaranteed to be a shit storm.

"POTTER! Do you have any idea what the hell you've just done!?" For once, the person shouting at Harry wasn't Ron or Hermione. It was, in fact, Draco Malloy. "The Goblins are going to freeze our money, you uneducated buffoon! How are we going to pay for things? What are our parents going to live off of now?" For once in his life, Malfoy was getting nods of agreement from people outside of Slytherin.

Harry was silent for a moment, before responding. "You know, there is some benefit in being in my Defense Club, Draco. I'm sure you already know that, considering you are in it." This caused some of the more hard line Slytherins to look at him with looks of confusion and betrayal. "However, that's not what the issue that is worrying me the most. Why is my lawsuit against Gringotts front page news, while the attack on our school is nowhere to be seen?"

This raised a few eyebrows, and Harry heard a few papers rustling hurriedly, in an obvious attempt to find the story. Parvati Patil found it first. "Here it is! It's on the last page," she said, with overt disgust in her voice. She started reading the ridiculously small article.

"Yesterday, at Hogwarts, a number of rogue elements managed to infiltrate the school during a Quidditch match. The attack was put down fairly quickly by students and teachers alike and some Aurors were dispatched to help with the aftermath. Only a few casualties were reported to the Daily Prophet, and the parents of the victims have been notified." She stopped reading. Harry looked at her, before gesturing with his hand that he wanted her to continue.

"That's it," she said. "There's nothing else in the whole paper as far as I can tell."

"WHAT!? They've taken a serious attack and turned it into a joke!" Harry was boiling inside. This was ridiculous. Never in his life had he seen such a poor attempt at fact finding as this. "Why the hell are they playing this off like some amateurs did it? Casualties? They were DEATHS! And they didn't even mention VOLDEMORT!" Multiple squeaks and a hiss or two were heard at the mention of that name. Harry tossed his copy of the paper in the air, before setting it alight with his wand.

Pansy Parkinson spoke this time. Her voice was far more derisive than Malfoy's had been. "What are you, Potter, some kind of imbecile? Who do you think owns the Daily Prophet?" Harry was silent because he didn't know the answer. He had always assumed that it was privately owned like the news papers in the muggle world. "THE MINISTRY! You brainless baboon. You wonder why there was no mention of the Dark Lord. Well, it's because they don't want people knowing. And with you making your amazingly smart move to sue Gringotts, you're in a prime position to be the scapegoat yet again!" Her tone had turned from scathing to joyous at the thought of Harry's misfortune.

Harry shot up out of his chair, fuming and feeling as though he could spit pure venom. He stormed out of the Great Hall as a regal looking owl swooped into the Great Hall and landed in front of the Headmaster. It was holding rolled up parchment and stuck its leg out to be relieved of its light burden. Professor Dumbledore took the parchment and read it. The students, who had begun speaking again after Harry had left, quieted quickly when the Headmaster stood. "The Minister has just sent out a missive that anyone whose funds have been frozen in the bank may apply for aid from the Ministry itself. They will be giving enough to allow food and shelter to continue, but frivolous lifestyles may have to be cut back on." Some of the Slytherins groaned at this, but it was really only the rich ones who hadn't known what was about to happen. "He also states that any applications will be reviewed carefully so that unnecessary payments aren't made to families that don't need the money." He rolled up the letter and slipped it into his pocket. He made a motion for the students to continue on with their meals, and sat back down. He leaned to his left and in a low voice said to Professor McGonagall, "Minerva, I'll need to see you, Severus, and Filius in my office after breakfast. There are things we must discuss." She nodded and went on with her eating her food.