Chapter 3

As Hermione changed into a more appropriate dress, the slow music was gone and dance music started to play. Mingling, food distribution and drinks were about to commence with just the arrival of the groom left.

Hermione's new outfit:

*Enchanted by Taylor Swift starts playing*¨Everyone! Time for the bouquet toss!" Hermione yelled into the microphone

¨Everyone! Time for the bouquet toss!" Hermione yelled into the microphone. The women excitedly gathered behind Hermione and all eyes fell on the bouquet. ¨1...2...3!¨ Hermione threw the bouquet with all her might, towards the remaining bachelorette. The flowers seem to levitate in the air before it landed in the hands of Pansy Parkinson. Pansy shrieked in euphoria and pulled Hermione in a bone-crushing hug. Pansy snatched the microphone out of Hermione's hand and screamed, ¨Let's get the party started!!¨

As Hermione stepped down from the podium, Pansy teased and said, ¨Oooh, my bestie is now married! I'm so happy for you, oh my gosh!¨ ¨Oh stop it Pansy, it seems like you are going to be next~ I wonder when Blaise is going to propose¨ Hermione squeezes Pansy's arm teasingly and winked at her. Pansy rolled her eyes in exasperation and hooked her arm around Hermione's. ¨Hey Pans, can I steal my wife for a bit? We need to go see our families.¨ Pansy glanced at Hermione and unhooked her arm. She patted his shoulder and marched off to find her boyfriend ¨She's all yours, man¨.

¨Hey, love, ready to meet Mom?¨ Hermione took a deep breath and nodded in self assurance. ¨Yeah, let's do it.¨ The duo marched over, arm in arm, meeting Narcissa for the first time. ¨Oh Draco, I see you've married a beautiful lady. I saw her stunning wedding gown, and it was absolutely breathtaking. I'm so sorry for not visiting sooner.¨ Turning to Hermione, she smiled gently and said, ¨Dear, I'm sure you know me by now. Don't look so afraid, I'm not going to bite. Besides, as long as Lucius is not here, we are all safe. Welcome to the family, Hermione! I have so much to tell you.¨ Hearing Narcissa Malfoy's assurance, Hermione and Draco visibly relaxed.

After a good hour of catching up with Narcissa, the trio grew more comfortable with one another, and Hermione grew to like the elder Malfoy even more. ¨You know, I may like your mother more than you,¨ Hermione teased as she poked Draco's cheek. Draco stared at his wife and feigned being insulted.

Hermione's expression suddenly fell while on the topic, missing her parents even more. It was heartbreaking that both of her beloved parents could not be there on her happiest day. Draco, knowing what was wrong, thought it was better to stay quiet but thought better of it. He pulled her into his arms and stroked her hair. He whispered, ¨I will always be here for you, my family is your family okay? I love you¨ Hearing words of comfort made Hermione tear up despite the comment not being much.

She stood up straighter and grabbed Draco's hand resolutely. ¨Let's go enjoy our day¨ With that, they each grabbed a glass of champagne and joined their friends and family on the dance floor. Various friends, business partners and family continuously approached them the entire night to wish the newlywed best wishes and hand them their wedding gift. Just then, Ronald and his 'gang' came up to Hermione.

¨Hermione Granger. What is this bullshit? There's no way you can afford this wedding, you gold digger. Plus, why the hell would you marry this ferret? You are such a fucking whore anyway.¨ and in a louder voice, ¨Good for nothing bitch¨. Fortunately for Hermione, no other person heard that. In a sarcastic tone, ¨Good to see you Ron. For your information, I paid for the wedding, as much as Draco. If you are just here to spread negativity, I won't hesitate to have you thrown out.¨ In retaliation, Ginny slapped Hermione across the face, spitting on her and snapped, ¨You fucking bitch, after all you have done, you have the audacity? Malfoy deserves someone better.¨ As Hermione's bodyguard notices the commotion, he rushes over to apprehend Ginny.

¨Listen here, Weasley, you do not know everything so shut up. Not only that, I know the owner of the hotel so I can easily forfeit your paid stay here, as well as all the food you ate. I am very sure you would not want to know the price of everything.¨ With nothing she could do, Ginny glowered at Hermione and roughly shook the bodyguard off. Dragged her brother and husband off with a huff, Hermione smirked and shook her head. Looks like her plan was all falling in place.

Back in the owner's suite, Hermione relayed the happenings to Draco, much to his anger. They had agreed in advance not to go on their honeymoon until all remaining grudges were resolved and they could have a fresh start. It would be a fairly long and intricate process, but, understandably, Hermione needed to release all her pent up frustration from the past 5 years. She could not wait to see what would pan out.

_______
Author's note: The usual drill, vote and follow me! Thank you for reading, I always appreciate constructive criticism.