viii. darty, darty

'HONEY, HONEY, HOW YOU THRILL ME, a-ha, honey honey

'HONEY, HONEY, HOW YOU THRILL ME, a-ha, honey honey.' Honey Honey is such a calming, uplifting love song. It was one of the first ABBA song that Romeo ever listened too. Unfortunately, it is also linked in a horrid memory.

When he was fourteen, he was dating a twenty three year old man. Story for another time... it was a dark time. Anyways, said man (who's name Romeo can't seem to recall) ran over his leg with a motorcycle. It was pretty painful and he ended up having to have surgery. It was then, lying in the hospital bed, that his younger sister, Nancy, gave him his headphones along with a mixtape.

The mixtape was full of many different songs by an assortment of different artists. This was the song that stood out the most to him. Ever since that moment, the song gave Romeo a sense of hope. Hope that he could one day end up in a healthy relationship that's not toxic and soul crushing. A relationship where the other person truly loves him for him.

Romeo is ninety nine percent sure that Billy Hargrove is not that person.

"Are you even fucking listening to me!" Billy snapped, snatching them headphones and throwing them roughly to the ground. "You—"

"You better not tell anyone about this." Romeo said blankly, rolling his eyes as he leaned back on the bed. "Could you do me a favour and just get the hell out of my house?"

Billy scoffed, gathering his jacket from the floor. On his way to the window, he made a show of stepping on the headphones. He really just wanted to get a rise out of the Wheeler boy.

Romeo, however, has been through enough toxic relationships that he knows not to give him what he wants. So, he just raised a brow, putting a cigarette in his mouth. With a small laugh, he lite it. "You done with your hissy fit, Princess?"

"Fuck off, freak."

"I don't think I'm the freak in this situation... but okay."

"Excuse me?", Billy looked over his shoulder, glaring.

Romeo grinned, getting to his feet. He took the cigarette out of his mouth, taking a step towards Billy— matching the boys glare with twinkling eyes full of mischief. "You need to relax, pretty boy. You're always so tense." He mocked a pout, tilting his head as he held out the cigarette.

The dirty blond looked into Romeo's green eyes, then down at the cigarette being offered to him. After a moment of thinking, he grabbed the cigarette and lifted it to his mouth, taking a hit.

"There we go. Good boy." Romeo patted Billy's head, laughing when his hand got smacked away.

Billy looked down at the now broken headphones, his eyes filling with regret. Which is a very rare fucking sight to see. Romeo wishes he had a camera. "I'm s— I'm..."

"I think the words you are trying to get out are 'I'm sorry'."

"Yeah, that."

Romeo's humorous damneder dropped suddenly. Replaced with a blank expression. "Now get the fuck out of my house."