xi. procreating in the same room as my corpse

"ROMEO, ROMEO, ROMEO

  "ROMEO, ROMEO, ROMEO..." A voice drawls in an almost mocking way. "Wake up. Wake up, Romeo!" The last yell of his name causes the brown haired boy to startle awake. Looking up, his panicked state calmed down slightly at the sight of Billy Hargrove standing in front of him. "There's my, Romeo."

  "Billy, what are you..." Romeo trailed off, moving to sit up on his elbows as he studied the boy in front of him. "Why- why are you here?"

  Billy grinned— though is wasn't one of comfort. No. Instead. It looked fake. Like he wasn't controlling himself. "Why wouldn't I be here, Romeo?"

  "Because I'm in an abandoned car lot in the middle of the fucking woods?"

  "You're funny," Billy laughed, running a hand through Romeo's hair. "We're in your room. What kind of dream were you having?"

  Romeo felt confused. One moment he was fighting demodogs with Steve.  Next,  he was talking to that man in the upside down. And now, he's home. Laying in his bed with Billy Hargrove of all people. Which is weird considering their last conversation didn't end so well— not like any of their conversations ever end well.

  "Why are you being so nice? Are you sick? Do you have a fever?" Romeo went to hold a hand up to Billy's forehead, but said boy snatched his wrist in a bruising grip.

  "I'm always nice, Romeo." Billy grinned again. Though this time, something began to drip out of his mouth. Blood. Romeo froze, watching as blood began to drench the the stomach of the other boys white shirt. "You did this to me, Romeo. I died. And it's all your fault. You should have listened to him!"

"What the fuck," Romeo blinked, seeming to come out of his trance. "What the fuck?!"

"It's your fault I'm dead, Romeo."

"Stop it!" Romeo screamed, closing his eyes and grabbing at his hair. "I'll listen to you, okay! I'll do whatever you say just stop it!"

Everything went silent.

Romeo opened his eyes. Green eyes meeting blue. But instead of Billy's blue eyes, it was the blond man once again.

"I don't see what you see in that boy." One said, tilting his head as he studied a panicked Romeo. "He's a waste of time. He'll do nothing but hurt you."

"No shit?" Romeo laughed dryly. "I've noticed. Don't worry."

"See, I knew you were smart." The blond cupped Romeo's face in his hands, smiling menacingly as he wiped away the tears. "It's time to wake up, Romeo."

━━

ROMEO OPENS HIS EYES, IMMEDIATELY cringing away from the bright light that suddenly invaded his vision. He groaned as he slowly sat up, feeling all the aches and pains throughout his body. Once he sat up, the first thing he saw was his sister and Jonathan Byers... kissing?