0.2: ' Jake Peralta '

Title: Welcome officially to the squad, [Y/n]!
Pairing: Jake Peralta x ftm!reader
Genre: slight angst turned to fluff
Spoilers?: no
Warnings: None really (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Requested: no
- - -

You sat in your desk and typed away on the computer. Jake was looking at the screen over your shoulder, surprisingly in silence. "His name is Max Payne," You stated, soon explaining where he lived. Jake was about to thank you, before Captain Holt walked out of his office, causing everyone to look at him as he spoke. "[Y/n], could you help me?" Holt asked, looking at you. "[Y/n]? Since when was there a [Y/n]?" Jake asked in confusion, looking between you, the captain and the rest of the squad. You sat there as your heart sank to your feet, being named correctly nade you feel over the moon, but you weren't out to the entire squad yet. Everyone but Jake knew, because you were afraid he would leave you or be disgusted by you if you told him.

"[Y/n] is sitting next to you, Jake. He just needs to hel - oh," Holt began, only to cut himself short as he realised what he did. Jake looked at you, his confusion growing. "The person sitting next to me is [D/n]? What are you talking about, Captain? She isn't [Y/n]?" Jake said, a confused laughter escaping him. Everyone sat in silence, until Rosa quickly walked over to the table. She pushed Jake aside and kneeled next to your chair. "Deep breaths," Rosa said simply as tears began threatening to fall. Were you being overdramatic that one more person knew? Possibly, but you were worried about what Jake thought about you. You didn't care what the others thought, but you didn't want Jake to leave you. He meant too much to you. "Sorry, I have to go," You mumbled, loud enough for a few people around you to hear you. "What's going on?" Jake asked quickly, worry growing on his face. No more joking around, no more Mr. Funny guy, he was genuinely worries why his 'girlfriend' was crying. Before he could asked you if you were okay, you walked passed him quickly.

"Is anyone going to tell me what happened?" Jake questioned as he looked around the room. "Why did you call [D/n] '[Y/n]'? Why did you call her a he?" He continued looking at Holt. The captain only sighed in response. "It's not our place to tell you, but you're girlfriend," Gina began, raising her fingers and did the whole quotations with her fingers thing when she said girlfriend, "Isn't actually your girlfriend." Jake stared at her, his confusion only growing more. Gina groaned in annoyance, falling back into her chair. "[D/n] is transgender, man. He goes by [Y/n]!" Gina exclaimed once more, as if what she said was the most obvious thing ever...which is honestly was. You never really hid it, you dropped Jake a lot of hints.

'I'm the most manly guy here, other than Terry. Obviously.'
'Gina is having a girls night out, so I'm waiting on her to finish so we can hang out.'
'I wish I had a flat chest-'

Okay, Jake was definitely an idiot. Those 'hints' should've definitely told him something. "God, I'm an idiot! But, why didn't she - he - tell me? Even Scully and Hitchcock knew before me?" Jake asked, mad at himself for not even trying to figure out that his...boyfriend was uncomfortable whenever Jake refered to him as anything feminine. "He was scared of what you would think, terrified actually," Rosa explained as she got up off the floor. "I suggest you make it up to him, he probably wants to be alone now. But you could always make it up to him tomorrow!" Boyle suggested enthusiastically.

"Boyle knew before me?!"

- - -

You walked in, about 12 minutes late, your head down in embarrassment. "Sorry I'm-" You began, looking up, only to cut yourself off because of the terribly done decorations that were put up.

A huge banner saying 'Welcome officially to the squad, [Y/n]!' was held up on the wall in front of Holt's office, balloons filled the office and the entire squad stood in front of the banner. The squad soon said what the banner said, in a very unorganised manner.

"What?" You asked, confused as ever. The squad parted enough so that Jake could walk forward. This caused you to panic slightly, noticing how Jake looked everywhere but to you. "I know I might've made you uncomfortable during our relationship, but I want you to know that I still love you for you. I can't promise that I'll get the name and stuff down right away, but I'll try my best because, as I said, I love you," Jake began, trying to memorise everything he had written the day before after what happened. "I was wondering if you would like to restart our relationship, but uhm. This time..as uh, boyfriends? Instead of girlfriend and boyfriend?" He continued hopefully, finally looking at you. He noticed the tears that began to form, which caused him to be the one panicking, thinking he did something wrong. "Did I say something wrong, shit. Let me restart -" Jake was cut off by you running at him, wrapping your arms around his neck as you cried into his shirt. He hesitantly hugged you back, still worried he did something wrong. "Thank you Jake, thank you so so much!" You cried, though it was muffled, he still heard you loud and clear. "Anything for you, [Y/n]. Absolutely anything..." Jake grinned as he held you tighter in his arms. You sighed dramatically, "You can say it. I know you want to."

"Absolutely anything; the title of my sex tape!" Jake quickly said before apologising.

- - -

"And that is how I met your uncle," Jake grinned as he looked at Terry's kids. You stood behind the kids as you rolled your eyes. "Now that the sappy story is over, it's time for bed," You stated. The kids reluctantly went to bed, but agreed soon enough when you promised them that they could have ice cream before dinner next time you and Jake came to babysit them.

Jake stood, leaning on the doorway on the room, as you made sure they went to sleep. "You sure we can't adopt any kids? Or I could be the pregnant one!" Jake suggested jokingly as you walked out the room. "I am not having a little Peralta running around, and that's final," You responded, giving Jake a peck on the lips.