Chapter 20 - Aiden

You got into Steve's car and Steve started driving.

"Hi guys," You said.

"Hey," Robin replied.

"Morning," Nancy said.

"Hi," Steve said.

"Eddie's taking me out on another date," You said.

"Cool!" Nancy said.

"Nice," Steve said.

"When is it?" Robin asked.

"Wednesday. He's picking me up at six," You replied.

"On a school night?" Nancy asked.

"Why am I not even surprised?" Steve asked jokingly.

"He would," Robin said.

"Do you want us to help you get ready again?" Nancy asked.

"No thanks. I think I'll do this one myself," You replied with a smile.

"Alright. Let us know if you change your mind," Nancy said, gesturing to her and Robin.

"Thanks," You said.

You got to school, thanked Steve for the ride, and headed to science. Eddie wasn't there yet, so you sat down and pulled out your stuff as well as your sketchbook. You continued working on the Dio drawing you started from last night. You were peacefully drawing when you heard a voice next to you.

"Dio? Nice!" They said. You looked over and saw Aiden. Aiden was popular, and the only reason why he wasn't sitting at the same table as Jason and his friends was because him and Jason have had a rivalry with each other since freshman year. Aiden was well known and had quite a few girls falling for him, but you ignored him most of the time. Aiden would always try to get you to hang out with him to piss Jason off, and this was the first time he's talked to you since you broke up with Jason. He's always made you uncomfortable because you knew what he was doing. He's only trying to talk to you to get you to go out with him or hang out with him.

"You like Dio?" You asked skeptically.

"Mhm. Love them actually. Favorite song is "Stand Up and Shout,"" Aiden replied.

"That's surprising," You said as you continued to draw.

"What you did to Jason last week was pretty impressive you know," Aiden said.

"I'd prefer not to talk about it," You replied. Eddie where are you? You asked yourself.

"That's fine then. I'm just saying it takes guts," Aiden said.

"It takes insanity actually. Why are you talking to me anyway?" You asked.

"I don't know. I just saw you drawing the photo of one of the Dio albums and I thought it was cool. I honestly didn't expect you to acknowledge me," Aiden said.

"Oh I acknowledge that you're speaking to me, I just ignore you most of the time. But I've learned that ignoring people is rude. Even then, there are still some people I ignore," You replied.

"I feel you there. There are definitely people I try to ignore at all costs," Aiden replied.
"Hey, do you wanna hang out after school?" Aiden asked.

"I can't, I have work," You replied. Another benefit of having work after school. You thought to yourself.

"Hmm..maybe I can pick you up after. Where do you work?" Aiden asked. What the fuck?? Did he actually just ask me where I work? That's honestly creepy. You thought to yourself.