Chapter 29 - I Don't Know

"Seriously y/n, what do I have to do to get you to believe me?" Eddie asked, and you broke down into tears.

   "I don't know! I want to believe you, but how the fuck do you mistake me for Chrissy?" You asked.

   "My eyes were closed. I was fooling around and acting like an idiot, and I assumed it was you. Come on, I'm the "freak." How was I supposed to even think that anyone, never mind Chrissy Cunningham would come up and kiss me? I promise that once I noticed, I pushed her away," Eddie said.
   "Also, I know you said you were joking about wanting the weed, but I think it might help," Eddie said as he tossed the bag of weed to you. You let out a small chuckle through your tears and Eddie smiled.

   "I guess I'm willing to try again," You said, and Eddie's eyes lit up.
   "I meant that about the weed dumbass," You said half jokingly.

   "Wait, what do you mean "try again?"" Steve asked. When he realized, he gasped and glared at you.
"Y/n?" Steve asked, still glaring at you.

"Eds. I think it's time to run," You said as you bolted up and ran past Eddie out the door. You shoved the weed in your bag and Eddie followed close behind as you went down the stairs.

"Y/n! Get back here!" Steve exclaimed as you and Eddie ran out the door. You and Eddie got into his van and Eddie drove away as fast as lightning.

When you got out of the neighborhood, you and Eddie were both breathing heavily and laughing.

"Fine. But stop dancing with your eyes closed," You said with a smirk.

"Alright, as long as you stop making weed jokes in front of Harrington," Eddie said, and you hit his arm playfully.

"Do I still get to keep the weed?" You asked.

"If you want to," Eddie replied.

"Sure. I think I'll keep it at your place though. If my mom figures out I'm smoking weed, then I'm dead," You said.

"Then Harrington better keep his mouth shut," Eddie said.

"Don't worry, he will," You said.
"Hey Eds?" You asked.

"What's up princess?" Eddie asked.

"Why didn't you run after me when I left the room on Saturday? It just seemed like something you would do," You said.

"I actually tried to, but Nancy and Robin got in the way. Asking me what the fuck I was thinking, and then they went to look for you. I went to follow, but Jason stopped me," Eddie said.

"Jason? Are you fucking serious?!" You asked angrily.

"No no, he probably gave me the best advice. He told me to wait for you to calm down or else I would get slapped across the face. I also saw you get in the car with Harrington and was debating going up to you then, but I didn't wanna start anything," Eddie said.

"He's speaking from experience, and either way, you still didn't completely listen. I'm just confused on why he helped you," You said as Eddie pulled up to his trailer.

"He said he cared about you, and no way in hell was he doing it for me," Eddie replied before getting out of the van and helping you out.