Chapter 1

Author's Note: This is a female Sasuke x Naruto story. In this story, Sasuke was born female and her name is Suki. It is something of an arranged marriage story and some suspension of disbelief is necessary to wrap one's minds around why Suki and Naruto are going along with it. Yes, they're both stronger than the Council, but Suki is trying her best to turn over a new leaf and fighting the Council would ruin that. Plus Naruto wants her to be accepted as a citizen of the Leaf Village again. Not to have to fight another 'war.' This is also one of my older works, so the style is more basic than my recent stuff. If any of that bothers you, you might want to turn back now. For those of you still here, I hope you enjoy this story and reviews are always appreciated.

Chapter Notation: This is after Suki's Journey of Redemptioon, Naruto is 18 and Suki is 19, and Kakashi is still Hokage. This chapter starts off slowly because Kakashi has to explain everything to Naruto, but it does pick up relatively quickly after the first scene. I've also decided to go back and add scene breaks to this story. So if you see some chapters with them and some without, that's why. Happy reading.

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit off of any of my stories.

Chapter One

Naruto's life was ALMOST perfect at this point. They had won the war. Madara had been defeated. Suki was no longer a Criminal Ninja and Naruto was very close to achieving his dream of becoming Hokage. Kakashi had chosen him to be his successor.

So what was missing? Well more like who was missing? Suki. She'd gone on a Journey of Redemption. He'd asked to go with her but she had told him, "You have nothing to do with my sins." Then for God knows what reason, she had flicked his forehead and walked off. That was almost three years ago.

"Hey, Kakashi Sensei. Sakura said you wanted to see me?" Naruto heads into the silver haired Hokage's office.

"Yes. You might want to sit down for this." Kakashi shakes his head.

"That bad?" Naruto questions.

"Well, I'm not sure that it's bad so much as…unexpected." The Sixth Hokage sighs as he looks anywhere, but at Naruto.

"What's going on?" Naruto was starting to get nervous.

"Well the good news is Suki is back. She's fine, physically. Emotionally, well that's another story." He replies.

"What's wrong with her?!" Naruto demands to know.

"The Council is forcing her hand. I argued on her behalf of course, but they are still rather uneasy about the thought of her returning to the village. The fact that she did a lot of good while traveling, does help. It's not enough to reassure them that she's not going to become a female Madara later down the line though." Kakashi continues.

"So what happened? Are they seriously kicking her out of the village?! She helped to save the world!" Naruto growls.

"No, they aren't kicking her out. They are giving her an option. They want insurance that if she snaps, someone will be able to stop her. As you are the only person that we know of, who can match her in battle…that person would be you." His former Sensei sighs.

"I don't get it. So they want me to babysit her or something?" He asks in confusion.

"I suppose you could look at it that way. They want you to be with her at all times. If she is to get a full pardon and be accepted back into the village, she has to marry. They want her to marry you. As her husband, you would be living with her. You could watch her. They'd feel safer." He states.

"…You're joking, right?" The blue eyed man inquires cautiously.

"I'm not. They are also rather fearful about the possibility of her restoring her clan. I suppose they figure you two are far more likely to kill each other than to make babies. So that's another factor." He adds as an afterthought.