10

Aurora

I had honestly forgotten that whole ordeal with me turning Curtis's location over to Alonzo, I had been so worked up about getting better, working, Enya and now Matteo It completely slipped my mind.

"You hear me Aurora? This damn thing cutting out-"

I shook my head "I heard you, auntie, I was just thinking. I got it"

"And another thing"

"Yeah?"

"His name tag said, Sean. I don't know who he been in contact with that can get him a name change but Aurora I got a feeling it ain't no good. You just don't do shit-stuff like that"

I nodded my head "Did he see Enya?"

"Yeah, he saw her, wouldn't look her in the eye though. Because he ain't shit."

"Did she say anything?"

She shook her head "Wouldn't even look at him, just kept smiling and laughing like nothing was going on."

"I fucking hate him, I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. You can bring her to me tonight-"

She waved me off "I'll talk to her okay? She hasn't brought it up so I haven't either. I didn't want to upset her"

"I can't tell you how much I appreciate you, auntie"

"And you don't have to, you're like a daughter to me Aurora, and Enya is like my grandbaby. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you two."

"I'm going to get off of here. I love you"

She gave me a knowing look "I love you too"

I hung up the phone and called Alonzo, he didn't answer. So I just hung up the phone, I thought about calling Matteo but shook off the thought thinking it would be weird. Right?

I sat my phone down and turned the tv back on, which was supernatural. The only show I really watched when Enya wasn't around. I couldn't even focus on the show before I paused it and picked up my phone to call Matteo.

"Aurora?"

"Hey," I said biting my nail nervously.

"What's wrong?"

"I um called Alonzo, you know because of the Curtis thing. I um, my aunt was shopping and ran into him but it wasn't on purpose you know. It's not like she was looking for him. Because she wasn't. But um, Alonzo didn't answer, and I didn't want to call you because i thought it would be weird you know, and then I turned on supernatural but-"

"Aurora"

"Hm?"

"Breathe"

I blew out a breath "Right"

"Curtis isn't a priority to me as much as he is for Alonzo, but I am glad you called. He'll call you back, no need to be nervous about anything okay?"

"Okay" I nodded my head "Can I be honest?"

"Of course. You don't have to ask"

"This situation about Curtis is unnerving putting it lightly, especially since everything happened. Matteo, I really don't want to get wrapped up in any illegal shit. I gotta baby to worry about and her safety is top priority to me. I was going to wait to talk about this at the dinner but I don't see any reason to hold it in. Are you and Alonzo in anything I should know about?"

"You don't have anything to worry about Aurora"

I took a deep breath "So you two are just businessmen who beat up people who owe them money?"