Chapter 2

{Thoughts: italics}

            Just being in this deity's presence was intimidating I barely moved while I listened to what they had to say, too scared that if I made a wrong move they would strike me down and strip me of my soul. They introduced themselves "I am Death the deity that has been here since the start of time since the first soul of life budded and bloomed. I am the never-ending force in which you pitiful mortals are always drawn to in the end." I stared on in disbelief it dawned on me that this deity, no Death wasn't speaking English, it was similar to parseltongue to speakers it sounds like English but to outsiders, it's just hissing, and just like parseltongue there were certain tells that they weren't speaking English. With every word they spoke, I could hear the rattling of their bones. The cloak they wore shook slightly when they talked, exposing the bottom part of their skeleton. Death drawled on in a rumbling deep voice, "Mortals from all over the universe know me by many names, Hel, Thanatos, La Muerte, Psychopomp, Shinigami, but you are familiar with the name Grim Reaper. I have come to offer you a deal." They continued completely ignoring my shocked expression, "I will allow you to go back to a set point in time, you can either go back to when you were first born, when you were ten years old or you can move on into the afterlife." 

            I was confused about why were they giving me this chance, before I agreed to anything I need all the details, "Why are you giving me this chance?" I tried to keep the confusion and fear out of my voice but failed halfway through. "What could you possibly gain from this?" There was a calculating look in their eyes as they contemplated an answer "If Voldemort wins life will cease to exist on earth, without life I as well will cease to exist, for I no longer have a meaning in this universe." If I do go back in time will I be able to save everyone with no consequences? Will I be able to save my parents?" Death responded with something akin to pity in their voice, "Unfortunately you will not be able to save your parents as it is a fixed point in time, in order for you to be able to vanquish Voldemort for good, your parents must die so the timeline will progress properly. I am truly sorry Harry, but if you were to go back, you will keep your memories and knowledge of your past life."

            I contemplated for a long while. All I've ever truly known in life is pain, suffering, and war, I'm so tired of fighting, but on the other hand, I would be able to live a new life I could be happy and so many people wouldn't have to suffer, I think it's obvious on what the right choice is.

            Harry gathered his courage and broke the silence with his response "I know my choice, I wish to return to when I was ten." Death nodded at me, "Understood I will send you bac-" Harry cut him off and in a panicked voice he hurriedly asked, "You could've chosen anyone to go back, why me?" Death stared at Harry for a tense moment before Death..chuckled a low and wispy sound. Harry thought it sounded more like a suffocating frog. Death responded swiftly "Because you're my master." Harry didn't have time to ponder on what that meant because before he knew it the world had faded away.