Chapter 5

{Thoughts: italics}

          Harry's life at the Dursleys continued in a similar manner, every day he would wake up cook breakfast, use the bathroom, eat the leftovers if any, do chores, go to the clearing, practice magic, go back to the Dursleys, clean and cook dinner, sleep in his cupboard, repeat. Admittedly it was a rather pitiful life, of an endless cycle, but at the very least Harry has made progress in his wandless and wordless magic practice, once he understood how to wield his magic like a tool to aid him instead of a wild animal that needed taming, he flew through the curriculum easily mastering spells and charms ranging in difficulty, one spell that he hasn't been able to practice was the Patronus Charm, this charm takes up a great deal of one's energy if they're not prepared for it.

          Harry doesn't think it would be a great idea to perform this spell so early on while his magic was still adapting to his daily usage. After all his magical core has been sitting there for years unused except for the rare bouts of accidental magic, but besides that, his magic has been mainly unused and thus warranting it to gather and store extra magical reserves, but now to Harry's daily use, he tended to run out of energy faster than when he was first starting. He didn't worry about it though this was a good sign, a magic core is like a muscle, in the beginning, it's weak, and the more you work out that muscle the more tired and sore it will become before it begins to grow and gain strength.

          Months flew by in a blink of an eye and Harry's magic seemed to grow stronger and stronger by the hour, he was reasonably confident in himself he thought "that he could beat most the students at Hogwarts in a duel, or perhaps even a fist fight, that would be quite funny he would show those pureblood ponces how they do it muggle style. Perhaps he should work on achieving that this time around." before he knew it, it was his dear cousin's birthday June 23rd, be grudgingly he answered his aunt's calls for him and reluctantly left his broom cupboard to begin breakfast, he knew that Dudley would throw a fit if he didn't cook his favourite breakfast for his birthday, but honestly, Harry was tempted not to just so he could see Dudleys ugly face swell up and turn purple as fake tears slipped down his face trying to get sympathy from his mother. It would've been hilarious, but ultimately not worth the beating he would surely get. "Yeah not worth it", he thought to himself. So he got out a skillet to begin cooking the eggs for the Dursleys' full English breakfast. Just as he set down the plates Dudley that great lump of fat came hobbling down the stairs and he went straight to the table where his presents were.

          Aunt Petunia exclaimed loudly "My duddykins are all grown up, my little angel." Her shrill voice grated in his ears. Harry often said that he looked like a pig in a blonde wig. Dudley began counting his presents his face fell and he looked up at his parents and said "Thirty-six, this is two less than last year."

          "Darling you haven't counted your Aunt Marge's present, it's under this big one from Mummy and Daddy."

          "Fine thirty-seven," Said Dudley snidely he began going red in the face, a tantrum was well on its way at this point. Harry quickly wolfed down his small portion of breakfast, just in case Dudley felt like flipping the table. Aunt Petunia had probably sensed the tantrum on its way and quickly said "We will buy you two more presents while we're out today. How's that Duddykins?"

          It looked like Dudley was straining himself as he tried to add two to thirty-seven. "So I'll have thirty... thirty..." He was still struggling, before he could utter the word thirty again Aunt Petunia cut him off and answered for him. "You will have thirty-nine sweetie." immediately Dudley's "tantrum" stopped and he sat down and began to inhale his food once again.