FIVE - GUMMY BEARS

chapter five

                                gummy bears

                              -summer house

                                   chapter five                                        gummy bears                                -summer house

       JEREMIAH walked down the stairs, stepping over the creaky boards so he didn't wake up the sleeping girl upstairs. as he walked out the door, steven looked at jeremiah with a grin on his face.

   "boys, i think i know what time it is," steven said, lifting his wrist up so it seemed like he was looking at a watch.

   "belly flop!" steven and jeremiah yelled. belly sqeualed and laughed, running around while the boys chased her. steven, jeremiah, and conrad were all yelling, 'belly flop!' as they followed belly around the yard. eventually, they got the younger girl, and picked her up by her limbs.

  "alright, right here, right here," steven said, stepping up to the pool. belly squirmed and giggled, preparing herself for the throw.  

  "one..."

  "two...."

  "three!" and they threw belly into the water.

   "how's the water?" jeremiah said as the boys were laughing like crazy.

   "guys! i hurt my ankle," belly cried. 

   "come on," conrad stated, reaching his hand down to belly. he grunted as she pulled him into the water. steven and jere laughed but conrad was soaking wet. so they left the two in the water, and walked inside, talking about cheese.

   "hey boys, wheres eleanor? i didn't get to see her when they first arrived," susannah asked as the boys walked in the kitchen.

   "i don't know, jere, you came in here, did you see her," steven asked.

   "uh yeah, she went upstairs to rest, i don't think she was feeling great," jeremiah mumbled, he didn't think she'd want him telling the others about her anxiety attack. 

  "you know what? i'll go check on her, make sure she's okay," jeremiah continued, smiling at the two women. he opened the fridge, grabbed a dr pepper, and also reached into the pantry for her gummy bears. he ran up the stairs, stopping at his room to scribbling a quick note on a post-it-note.

  he walked into her room, her sleeping figure looked so peaceful, like a kid. everyone looked innocent while they was sleeping, even her. he stared at her a minute longer, or maybe five. then he mentally slapped himself, because staring at someone while they're sleeping is creepy as hell, especially when that person is your worse enemy. he laid the dr pepper and bag of gummies on her bedside table, with the note that said, 'we are all downstairs, also check your phone.' jeremiah went back downstairs and played video games with steven until nor woke up.

-----------------

   NORA WOKE UP, and looked around the room, the room she spent her best summers in. the room had a big wall of windows, opposite from her bed, which led to a small balcony. the walls were flavannada, and her curtains were a white color. her sheets and comforter were white, and she had accents in pillows and pictures. she also had a hanging bubble chair thing, which was white and fluffy. she had a bookshelf, her summer books in a pretty order, and a dresser, which had gold fancy knobs. she loved it here.

   she looked to her bedside table, and saw a dr pepper plus the gummies she asked for. there was also a note, which said, 'we are all downstairs, also check your phone.' she was guessing it was jeremiah, you could tell by his messy handwriting. she checked her phone and it was a text, from miah

hi, i hope you're feeling better. i get that what happened might of been emotional, and i mean if you want to fall in love with me i will not argue. i have come to the conclusion, that we must act as we have before, alright love? i know you love to argue with me 

also, if you need someone to talk to, i'm right here, always. still hate you tho :)))))

                                                                                                                                          perfect! ihyt <3  

                                                                                                                 but thank you, fisher, actually        

    nora smiled at her phone, and climbed out of the bed, she popped open the dr pepper, grabbed the bag, and walked down stairs.

    "aww nora! are you feeling okay? do you need anything? oh look at you! so beautiful. im sorry i didn't get to see you earlier. i've missed you!" susannah said, pulling the girl in for a hug.

   "aw santa! i've missed you too! i just wasn't feeling great," nora said, smiling.

   "alright, do you want anything?"

   "no, thank you, i'm fine," nora said.

   "well, go in there, jeremiahs been checking on you," susannah chuckled, nora obeyed walking into the living room.

  "hi there, eeyore!" jeremiah said, getting up from his spot on the couch.

  "jere! really? we are going to lose!" steven complained.

  "do you feel okay? all better?" jeremiah whispered to the girl, looking at her with care.

  "yep! i'm fine, thanks," she replied

  "you sure? don't want me to kiss your hand?" miah teased.

   "that's so disgusting," steven said.

   "shut up, both of you, right now," 

   "yes ma'am, right away." they replied in ease.

   "nora?" conrad called from the hallway, he must of gone to the bathroom.

  "hi connie!" she said, walking up to him and pulling him into a hug.

  "are you okay? jere said you weren't feeling okay. god i missed you," conrad had said, looking at the girl.

  "i missed you more! and i just needed some rest," nora said, grinning.

  "oh my god! both of you! i won all on my own!" steven said, groaning.

   "sorry bro," jeremiah said. 

  "i'm playing," eleanor mentioned. she heard a series of oks and alrights after her statement. the boys all sat down in their original spots, and nora grabbed a controller, and sat on the floor next to jeremiah's legs, leaning partially against the back of the couch, and partially on miah's calf, she was pretty comfortable.