1: Some Normality

Hearing the water from the opened door of the bathroom. Sapphire got up from her bed sluggish in her movement. This had been the sensation she had carried since Esme had decided to cross over into the Creation. Muttering to herself to get downstairs while Tommy showered, they had to take charge of today's training. Nixon and Dominik were traveling out of the compound leaving them to go take care of Esme's precious UNK- she had not been allowed to learn anything even with Tommy's guard down, he never let anything slip out in regards to it. He seemed to take after Esme's paranoia.

Her feet following their routine for the last few months she was already making a cup of warm coffee, leaning her heavy head against the wall. Sipping it carefully, she could hear his loud steps crash with the stairs. Smiling at him she handed him a cup Tommy leaned down, laying a soft kiss against her head. He muttered. "Morning, how are you feeling?" She hummed in response as he moved to prepare breakfast.

"Tommy, heard anything?"

A shake from his head. "It's only been a few months here, I'm sure she's doing fine."

The uneasy feeling grew with each day that passed, it messed with her. She couldn't sleep and at times she felt like something was going to happen, she tried to ask a witch. Finding herself in front of a witch she found herself silenced.

"Stop worrying, if something happened, they would have said something."

"I know, but-" leaning down to silence her with a soft kiss, branding her with the taste of coffee. She turned her head.

"Instead of worrying, think of today. You're in charge of the kids." He smirked, rolling her eyes she set her mug down and watched him turn going back to the stove.

Smiling as the door opened, a young girl walked in holding up mail.

Grinning she extended her hand out, taking the only letter they got from Wong, Emma, and Karra. They were currently traveling, taking an extended trip. She tried making out the best smile up for Tommy to see but he could see the nervousness set in.

"They're inviting us, says there is snow." Tommy's head turned, giving her a thumbs up. "And to pack warm."

"I'll make sure to make all the arrangements after Dominik and Father return."

"I haven't seen snow in so long." Sighing, as he set down a plate in front of her.

"Eat." That was strange? They never got any mail aside from their weekly letter. Reaching over and pulling the package and the letter sealed neatly. Pulling the letter to her eyesight, she noticed the beautiful handwritten, cursive ink. Staring at the name.

"What is it?" Tommy turned the stove off and moved to her side. They both stared.

Esmeralda Tyler.

Looking at the package, it was addressed to Tommy.

His soft gaze becoming hardened, lifting it from her hands and taking the package in his hands moving from the table set out. He shut the door behind him leaving her looking down at the pipping food. Knowing it would take him a while to come out from his study she played with her food knowing full well that she was human, and he was not.

Emma watched her chase the children around, giggling with her as they ran around in circles the dirt-smeared onto her jeans. Shaking her head, she glanced over to Wong watching her too.

"She reminds me of Esme."

"She is quite the opposite." Pulling a chair beside him she laid her head on his shoulder, holding his hand.