2: The Alpha General and the Preparations

Catalyn had stopped by today at her request, Tom had sent the jet to pick her up from home. Having arrived with William they had been scanned and let in already evening Tom was running around the kitchen like a chicken, his head bobbing. The smell of spices filled the room and kids chased him; they were fond of him. Embracing her in a hug, Sapphire felt shy at her sudden kindness to her.

"I never forgot you, I always remember that you raised us when mom was away." Her smile brightened as she sat down in the living room.

"You were a year younger than Esme." She paused and fidgeted in her seat and Sapphire shook her head. "You can freely ask Cat, I'm not sure I'll have an answer-"

"Is Karra my half-sister?" she blurted out covering her lips just as their eyes met. "We could hear the argument below, I heard it. Aun- Melissa said so, she drove him to insanity. I've been asking mom, but she refuses to answer and since the last time, I thought you could know something...about what happened to him."

Scratching her head. "I'm really sorry you had to witness that but there is a lot of history and resentment between us. Especially because of Esme." Turning away from her.

Lifting Esmeralda into his arms and carrying her away into the Healers and Rena's capable hands. Sapphire remained to the side as she held onto Tom's figure and glanced over at Karra who slowly got up from her original position. "You can't let her die." She called out.

"The world would be better off with her dead." Her eyes glared over at Melanie's comment.

"You're one to talk when you're much worse than her." Karra spat out.

Melanie drew from William's arms and lunged at the girl, already leaving Tom's side with Nixon and Dominik beside him. She grabbed Melanie's hands. "My sister's probably the only god damn person that gives two fucks about that kid of yours, so back off." Shoving her backward Melanie managed to swing her hand over slapping her.

Her face turned just as she returned her own, blood drawn from both. William stepped in, "I may not have the same liking to killing but don't test my patience. Karra's right, leaving my sister in your hands was my biggest mistake, yet you-" pulling her by the collar of her shirt. "And that bastard of yours turned her into what she is, thanks to you-" an arm pulled her back, William yanked Melanie into his arms.

"Your sister is a murderer!"

"You're one to talk! That murderer is the one that saved you today, hypocritical bitch." Tugging at Dominik's arms.

Catalyn stepped forth, "mom you're pregnant please, we still have to find Katilin." With those words, she settled down.

"I can't wait to see you begging my sister to find your daughter because let's be honest you as inept as ever." Pulled away by Dominik, she huffed as she calmed down.

"I don't blame you and what you said was true." Her pauses bring an unsettling silence. "But I want to know the truth. Mom has not only lied to us, but I know she's keeping something, I want to know. I'm already old enough, after everything that's happened Esmeralda's still helping us out despite what we did to her. It's made me think over the things I've blinded myself to."

Sapphire sat there for several moments contemplating. "I wasn't the one who went to see or had communication with Karra, but I knew your father after they were married. There were many times your mother would tell me he wasn't like that. She'd cry herself to sleep muttering he had changed. It never seemed like he and Melissa had any sort of relationship. I really wonder if they were mates like Esme said."