Part 1

The silvery tom padded through the two leg dump, avoiding as much garbage he could. He was a very muscular cat, and calling him brutal would be an understatement. Two smaller cats followed behind him, making sure to keep at least one pace back.

The group hated the smelly two leg dump, but needed food whether they liked it or not. The pesky clans, as Scorch called them, wouldn't let them hunt in the forest.

The day was fading into dusk, and noises of creatures of the night were starting to be heard.

"Sh-should we head back, Splash? We don't want to get caught by the clans when we have to get home." One of the scrawnier cats asked nervously.

"Do you want Scorch to throw you off the gorge?" The muscular tom, Splash, growled in response. "We stay until we get enough food, do you understand, Finch?"

"Yes Splash, I understand." Finch replied, bobbing his head in a nod.

The other cat, a fluffy white she cat, dropped into a hunting crouch, causing the group to freeze. She crept forward before jumping into the trash, emerging with a fat mouse in her jaws.

"See Finch, Cloud knows that she has to catch prey to prove her worth." Splash meowed, before turning to face the two cats. "Let's collect the rest of our catch and head back."

The trio collected their prey and began walking through the forest. Splash wrinkled up his nose at the stench of the clan cats' scent markers.
Luckily they made it through the territory without being spotted by the clans.

As they neared the entrance of the camp, Splash turned to the other cats. "Now give me the prey you caught." He ordered.

Cloud dropped her mouse at Splash's feet almost immediately. Finch looked at the tom with a confused expression.

"Why do I have to give you my prey? I caught it."

"Are you questioning my authority, Finch? For the second time today?" The silver tom said as he rose to his full height, towering over Finch's thin figure. "Do you not remember the rules that Scorch has put in place?"

"Those who disobey get burned." Cloud murmured

"Exactly. Now Finch, do you want to give me your prey or do you want to deal with Scorch's punishment?" Splash threatened. Finch quickly passed over the scrawny squirrel he caught, shaking in fear. 

The cats padded through the tunnel in the bushes, Splash carrying all the prey in his jaws. All the cats in the camp turned to the entering group.

"Wonderful catch, Splash" they all said in unison. The muscular tom deposited the prey onto the fresh kill pile before turning to a dark gray cat sitting off to the side.

"Shadow, get the group ready for evening rations." Splash said with a flick of his tail.

"Yes Splash, right away Splash." The cat said before hurrying off to gather the cats.

Cats gathered in groups by rank. The guards and hunters at the front,  cats who were training to be hunters and guards were second, kits were after them, and finally, the cats who were too old to hunt were last. Two cats, the most trusted guards, stood by the fresh kill pile to hand out food. They were given a piece of prey to share, something filling enough to split, but not the best prey.

"Prepare for rations!" Splash yowled from the clearing.

As the last echo from his yowl rang, a cat emerged from a hidden den. The reddish brown tom had piercing green eyes and a mane of fur. He was shorter than Splash, but was built like a boulder.

He stalked towards the pile as the cats parted to make a path for him. He growled at a kit who didn't move out of the way in time, causing the kit to squeak in terror.

But as the menacing tom passed Splash, his demeanor changed. His eyes softened for a split second before returning to the cold stare he normally had.

"I need to see you in my den after you're done with rations, Splash." The fiery tom meowed quietly.

"Of course, Scorch." He said, sitting up taller.

Scorch approached the fresh kill pile before picking out a plump rabbit. He held it in his jaws and padded back to his den, disappearing behind the vines.

Splash picked out his prey next, a juicy vole. One by one the other cats in line got their prey. By the time the last cat approached, a skinny tortoise shell she cat, the prey pile was empty.

"Guess you should of hunted for yourself if you wanted food." Splash growled at the she cat.

"Leave her alone. She's too old to hunt for you" a small voice said.
"WHO SAID THAT?" Splash screeched. The many cats parted to show Finch, shaking, but standing defiantly at Splash. The huge tom stalked towards Finch, ||before swiping at his face with unsheathed claws. Finch's face dripped with blood from the cuts caused by Splash's razor sharp claws. Splash grabbed the small cat by his scruff, dragging him towards Scorch's den.

"We have a traitor!" Splash called trough the vines.

"You know how to deal with traitors" A voice growled back.

Splash dragged Finch towards the gorge. A handful of cats followed behind them. The tom was dragged to the edge, before Splash hung him by his scruff, feet dangling

"Any last words, Finch?" Splash growled through his teeth.|| (Major TW of death) ||"I-"  Finch began to say, but Splash threw him into the gorge before he could finish.||

Splash turned to the cats that were watching. "That's what happens to cats who disobey. " he growled before stalking towards the camp. "Now get back to camp or be something other than a waste of prey."