18.

competition day felt like it came so quick for sunoo and jungwon, the two were stressing backstage, biting their nails and walking back and forth - practicing some of the moves.

"now presenting... kim sunoo and yang jungwon!" the mc, who in reality was their chem teacher, announced and walked off the stage, the curtain opening to reveal the duo in their starting positions.

♫ now playing: hype boy - new jeans.

the two started dancing, both so immersed into the song but also conveying a range of facial expressions that stole everyone's hearts.

cause i know what you like boy
you're my chemical hype boy
지난 날들은
(open my eyes to see)
뜨면 잊는
(old days gone like a dream)
hype boy 너만 원해
(hype boy all i wanna)
hype boy 내가 전해
(hype boy gonna tell ya)

sunghoon's eyes sparkled when his eyes were glued on sunoo, a smile of awe struck on his face before his friends started teasing him which caused him to jokingly threaten to punch them.

the performance had ended way too quickly for sunghoon's liking and almost everyone stood up and clapped, however the two friend groups stood out the most due to their blaring cheers and whistles, the duo on stage trying to hide their laughter so they looked professional in front of the judges.

^__^

all participants were lined up on the stage in their groups or pairs, anxiously waiting for their chem teacher to reveal the winners. sunoo and jungwon now paired a hoodie on top of their outfits and their backpack in case they won so they could take their trophies home in that.

"and in 3rd place we have.."

fingers crossed.

"triple h!"

shit, what if we're not even in top 3.

"and in second place.."

fidgeting.

"odd eye circle!"

please god give us a miracle.

"and in first place, the winners of this year's dance competition issss.."

drumroll.

"sunwon with their performance to hype boy!"

the winning pair screamed and jumped, hugging each other in excitement whilst their friends were going pure crazy, cheering as loud as they could.

they went up and collected their individual trophies, bowing at everyone before posing for a couple of pictures - bowing once more before they went back to their belongings and very carefully put their trophies in their bags.

phew.

^__^

sunoo and jungwon finally met their friends who were still in the hall, hugging each one as they were congratulating them.

sunghoon's arm wrapped around the younger's waist since one arm was behind his back - sunoo's arms both wrapping around his neck, and once he realised that, his cheeks turned a rosey red. however he didn't pull away, allowing sunghoon to stay in his embrace for a few seconds.

sunoo furrowed his eyebrows when he pulled away upon seeing sunghoon's arm behind his back, almost as if he was hiding something.

"what are you hiding?" he asked.

"nosy much kim sunoo?"

"fine don't tell me the-"

he was cut off when the taller pulled out a bouquet of flowers, all sunoo's favourite colours (purple, pink and blue - with a slight speck of mint on there.) sunoo's cheeks turned even redder as he gulped, taking the bouquet with a bright smile rising on his face. 

"congratulations."

"thank you so much hyung!" he exclaimed as he sniffed the flowers, in a state of tranquility once the fresh smell filled his nostrils.

"cmon guys! let's celebrate by going to karaoke!" jay interrupted, dragging them all along.