Closet Chapter 5

Brown boots studded with gemstones Inside the boot tongue. No laces they looked too large. There were 2 pairs. The same size. "I guess he left two because he thought holly would be here." I thought. There left in the boot was a compass. It didn't seem to be pointing north. I pulled out my own compass and they were pointing in different directions. This compass Orz had left me was not pointing north. "Where is this pointing?" I thought. There was also a long skeleton key. It appeared to be pure gold. I put on the shoes they tightened around my fit and grew up my leg. They were incredibly comfortable.

I heard footsteps climbing up the stairs. I blew out the candle. Opened the window above the bed. Quietly I snuck out and closed the window. Leaving a tiny crack open so that I could hear who it was. I dared not look. I heard the door creak. Two separate sets of footsteps sounded throughout the room and leaked out the window. The closet door opened.

"Ah, this is a treasure. Crafted by the gods. I haven't seen these in centuries. Now they have returned to me." The man said. I quickly looked through the window. There were two men cloaked in black fabric. Hoods shadowing over their faces. I quickly took my head away. The moonlight had cast a shadow when I looked in. "What was that?" The second man said. I heard shuffling. "It sounds like it is time for my leave." I thought as I grappled away. Heading back home.

Back at the cabin. I sat and looked back up at an owl perched on a tree. The massive orange eyes gazing upon me. I walked through the river by my home. The river from that night. The boots never allowed me to get wet. They would rise and fall with the water. Growing and shrinking as the moon shaped the water around me. Summoning my rod from my mark. I just stared at the water flowing. I cast my line. The breeze was cool. My hands warm. My eyes were wet with tears. "I'll enjoy this for the both of us. I'll be strong." I said. Choking on my words. The crescent moon gave me a sideways smirk. "This is real. What now?" I said.