00 | Calculating the Statistical Probability

If Isabelle Grigio had learned anything - anything at all - in her seventeen years of existence, it's that the universe can sometimes have the shittiest sense of humor

Exhibit A: Over four hundred students and ten class sections, ... Really, what was the probability that she would be classmates with Benjamin Morrell? The very same Benjamin Morrell who was always late to his classes, slept through them behind an open hardbound textbook, and barely passed any of his subjects. Isabelle herself calculated the statistical probability of being classmates with him, and in layman's terms, she concluded that the odds are particularly stacked against her in her junior year of high school.

Exhibit B: Due to a series of mishaps involving some bad decisions and dog feces, Isabelle now has to repair the damage to her neighbor's garden caused by some loose and overly-excited 70-lb golden retriever. Her adorable yet mischievous 70-lb golden retriever. Again, what are the odds that those plants belonged to none other than Benjamin's grandmother?

Exhibit C: Refer to Exhibit A to fully grasp the severity of this situation. Benjamin Morrell was volunteered by his lovely grandmother to help Isabelle. Great, she'd be doing the job of two people.

Just great.