Chapter 9: Bloody Escape

She made her way back inside the compound, silent as could be, and no one was the wiser when she snuck into Clint Barton's room, slitting his throat and drinking him dry. Just then an alarm blared through the system.

'Warning, intruder alert. Intruder alert. Warning, prisoner has escaped.' She cursed lowly and tiptoed back outside to come face to face with a arc reactor hand repulsor aimed between her eyes. She chuckled.

'Stark,' she said coldly.

'Vamp killer. You're screwed. FRIDAY caught the footage of you and Cap.'

'Aww, did I hurt you by killing your favourite pretty boy? So sad,' she said with a pout. Just then Bruce and Natasha came around the corner behind her.

'You killed my friend,' she said with tears in her eyes as Adelaide stepped back, raising her arms, letting out a psychopathic laugh.

'You and your friends... How sad you are. Friendship isn't permanent, neither is love, and neither are you.' Then a crackling noise sounded behind them and she spun to see a portal opening behind her onto a dark city street. Turning towards them and flashing a smile, she ran for the portal. Natasha ran after her, but ended up slamming into the wall as the portal disappeared - and Adelaide, the vampire tribrid... disappeared with it.