Reply

An overhead view of the city appeared, carriages galloping down the street. "That's a lot of wagons," a man commented to his friend. "What's all that about?"

"You mean you haven't heard yet? Pretty much all of the military higher-ups are meeting inside the castle. They're finally disbanding the Scout Regiment." He pointed behind him. "See? They're building those gallows to hang the Commander from."

It took all of the Scouts' self-restraint not to break down the door and march all the way to Sina to burn Mitras to the ground.

"He's probably getting his final judgement as we speak." Erwin knelt before the false King's court.

"When facing your enemy, you can't just guard with a shield. You need a spear to dispatch the threat. If you disband the Scout Regiment, it will be akin to humanity tossing it's spear aside. Suppose that, in this very instant, Wall Rose was breached." An image of civilians fleeing in terror from Titans appeared. "Once again, half of humanity would be forced to flee, this time to Wall Sina." Empty crates and barrels were shown. "The earlier evacuation left us with only a few more days' worth of supplies, at best." A man clutched a spear as he sat near a fire, a mother holding her children close nearby. "And when they run out, locals and refugees will be forced to fight for survival. Wall Rose and Wall Sina. All of humanity would split," he looked up, the chains jingling. "And a civil war would quickly erupt." The MPs eyes him nervously. "Even if the walls are not breached again, Wall Rose is suffering from a perpetual shortage of food." King Fritz watched, uninterested and detached. "It may not be Titans that breach Wall Sina." Civilians were shown pouring through the gate to Sina. "It's entirely possible the residents of Wall Rose will do it first."

A few MPs whispered as Nile stared at Erwin, nervous. Nearby, Commander Pixis stared straight ahead, not even sparing the younger Commander a glance.

"Wait, he's not helping you out?" Connie asked. "Is he just going to let the Commander die?"

"He's not going to die," Levi's voice was sharper than usual. "You've got another stupid gamble up your sleeve, don't you?" he glanced at Erwin, but, underneath the usual tart sarcasm, there was an underlying, quiet desperation.

Erwin frowned at Levi. "At this point? I honestly don't know."

"Wall Maria must be reclaimed," Erwin said. "If humanity is to have any hope for the future, then that is the way."

"And you think that such an undertaking requires the Scouts?" a noble asked.

"Uh, yeah."

"Our duty as Scouts has ever been to charge forth at the enemy. Cowering in wait behind these walls will solve nothing.
That's my belief, and, unless you have some sort of secret plan by which we might overcome this ordeal," the four nobles' faces appeared on screen with Erwin's, and then King Fritz.

The fat noble cleared his throat. "Commander, it seems you misunderstand what this is. The reason we brought you here was not to discuss our future within the walls, nor is it on account of something as simple as a murder. Clause six of the Charter of Humanity -"

"If I have to hear about clause six one more time, I'm making a mess so the Captain can put me out of my misery," Jean grumbled.

"Too bad I'd be in no shape to do so," Levi replied. "I'd have stuck knives in my own ears by then."

"- One must never prioritize their own gain over humanity's survival."

"Oh? Like you?" Petra snarled.

"You've broken the most sacred of laws."

"Fucking hypocrite."

"Woah! Historia swears?"