Night of the Battle to Retake Wall Maria

Eren's crystallized Titan appeared on-screen. "Guess what?" Levi said. "This means we finally have a real shot of plugging that hole in Wall Maria." 

"Huh?" Connie said. "Isn't this from a previous episode?" 

"It's probably a recap," Hange said. 

"The Scout Regiment hurries its preparations for the upcoming mission to retake Wall Maria." The Titan Guillotine smashed the nape of a Titan. 

"Hell yeah! We did it Eren!" Hange cried, turning around to see Levi handing Eren a handkerchief to stem the flow of blood from his nose. "Eren?" 

"I'm fine," he said. "Let's just make these weapons quickly, and then go to Shiganshina." 

"Seems if I just stick myself," Kenny rested against the tree, hand resting over the Titan serum. "I'll turn into a big, strong Titan." He slammed the box into Levi's chest.

"Then came another surprise." Levi stared down at the box, wide-eyed. "One more thing with the potential to shake the fate of humanity." The box lay open on a table. 

Zackly closed the door. "Looks like I'm late," he said. "Sorry." 

"What's happening?" Sasha asked. 

"If I'm right, it's probably a meeting to decide what to do with the box." Armin said. 

"I'm so glad we don't have to go to another trial with it," Connie said. 

Zackly sat down. "Have any luck?" he asked. "Were you able to establish what's in the container?" 

"We have a vague idea." Hange, Pixis, and Erwin stood around the table, Levi standing further back by the window. "But I'm afraid, with our technology, we can't dig much deeper. Like we heard from Eren and Historia, it seems to originate from some kind of human body fluid." 

"Okay, gross," Connie wrinkled his nose. 

"Probably spinal fluid," Hange said. 

"However," Hange said. "It vaporizes when exposed to air, making further analysis virtually impossible to perform. Whoever made it must have had technology far superior to ours. I can't imagine how the Reiss family could have been able to do it." 

"In that case," Pixis said. "Rather than tamper with it, we should put it to use for our current objective." 

"But to whom do we entrust it?" Zackly asked. "To you, Erwin?" 

"No." Erwin touched his limp sleeve. "With my wound, I would be a poor choice. This syringe. . . it belongs to one of our elite. Someone with the best odds of survival." 

They knew who he meant before he said it. 

"Levi," Erwin turned to the smaller man. "Will you accept it?" 

Levi looked up at Erwin. "If it's an order, just say so," he said. "Why even bother asking?" 

Erwin stared back down at him. "When we need to use this," he said. "There may not be time to plan. We'll be relying on you to make a decision swiftly, and with little deliberation. Judging when to use it, and on whom, will be your responsibility. Will you accept it?" 

Levi was silent. "If this dream of yours comes true," he finally said. "What will you do then?"

Erwin looked at him. "I don't know. I won't – not until it happens." 

"I see," Levi looked away. "Alright. I'll do it." He closed the box.

"Hm," Zackly rested his elbows on the table. "Now, then," he said as Levi put the box in his pocket. "I'd like to discuss that work of mine. As you know, I'm hoping to unveil it soon. Have you given it any thought?"