The Mask

| Y/n's Pov |

It was 5:07 in the morning and nobody was awake. We arrived back at the monastery, most of my stuff was still in my bag so I grabbed it and left. I then lay on my bed, realizing the mask photo was still there. I sprung up and walked quickly but silently so I wouldn't wake anyone up. Nya was awake and found the picture.

"Hey y/n, shouldn't Misako have this?" she asked

"She probably already has a copy! I took this with my camera." I grabbed the photo and then left. I was still a little mad at Nya for yesterday. She was flirting with Lloyd after lecturing ME about liking Lloyd.

On my way back to my room I saw Zane and Pixal making food. They looked so happy together! I quickly walked away before they could see me. it was now 5:15 and I was bored. I decided to meditate outside. It was so peaceful outside no people, no drama, just me and the sunrise! 

I lost track of time and the next thing you knew it was 7:23! "Crap" I murmured under my breath as I rushed back inside. Zane was making breakfast and I was not gonna miss that. Zane made pancakes and they were delicious Kai and Cole still weren't awake and everyone else had already eaten so it was just me and Zane in the kitchen. 

" is something bothering you y/n?" How in the Nindoriod did he know...

"No, why?" I asked wondering what clues led him to that.

" Well normally you are never late for breakfast and yesterday you seemed off" 

" Do you think Nya likes Lloyd?" I asked him and he turned around in confusion

" No, what makes you say that?" 

" I guess I thought she was flirting with him yesterday..." 

"Nya's love interest is towards Jay but I could see where you're coming from, why does it matter who Nya likes y/n?" 

"It doesn't matter!" C'mon y/n think of a lie.

"Are you jealous y/n that Nya was getting close to Lloyd yesterday?" He's supposed to be backing me up!!! AHHHHHHHHH

"No... well maybe a little, but that doesn't matter. I'm here to know because I-I thought Jay and Nya were a thing!" Yup, that is the reason. hehe-he 

" Well I wouldn't stress it's bad for your human bones" He smiled then walked away

"Oh haha, very funny Zane" I heard him laugh on his way 

I went to the library to look into the mask and almost everyone was there. There were only 3 missing and it was Zane, Nya, and Lloyd... 

"Hey, why's everyone here?" I asked

"Oh, I found something at the temple, what's in your hand?" Misako asked

"It's a photo I took when we were at the temple." I handed her the photo. 

"This is part of what I discovered" The other then walked in.

"Nice of you to join," Kai said

"What did you find at the temple Misako?" Zane asked

"Well legend says whoever will hold the power of light and darkness will be granted a mask, this mask can grant the one wish but it comes with a price. The story says that the first spinjitzu master created it but then realized that it was far too powerful so he made sure nobody could get it. At that time stealing other people's elemental powers was impossible so he made sure somebody could hold 2 powers, light and darkness as he was the only one with more than one element."  

"So that's why she wants y/n powers," Cole says like it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world. dumbnut. 

"Master Wu, why haven't I gotten the mask if I'm technically part Oni?"

"Because you haven't unlocked your Oni side." 

"Y/n can't go on missions anymore, it's too dangerous," 

"How is it dangerous kai?" Nya asked with a little attitude

" Because we can't risk her unlocking her Oni powers." I stayed silent the whole time while everyone was arguing over what should happen. I heard sentences such as " She too dangerous" or " We can't risk y/n staying by herself" or even " We can't let m/n get ahold of her". 

"SILENCE EVERYONE!!!" Sensei yelled and everyone had shut up. 

"We can't risk y/n being alone but we also can't risk her being taken by her mother, so we will compromise"

" I got an idea!" Kai said with excitement 

" I bet it's not gonna be a good one" Cole said and Jay started laughing. 

" I'm listening Kai" Sensei said

" How about y/n stays at the monastery with Lloyd, Lloyd is the strongest out of all of us so he can protect her not to mention y/n can also protect herself." 

"That's actually not a bad idea," Zane said shocked at Kai finally having a good plan. 

"Then it is settled y/n and Lloyd will stay at the bounty while everyone else will get on the bounty to find M/n." I get to miss that fight?!? I didn't even get any input on this...

Sorry, it's short I'm losing a lot of motivation for this, school and sports are starting soon so my parents are putting a lot of pressure on me.