Six

This is the part where I look away. The part where Joker carves into my skin while Scarecrow gets a mask ready behind him.

It amazes me how much pain I can take before falling unconscious. What also amazes me is that pain doesn't keep me asleep but wakes me up seconds later to witness it all over again.

I don't know what was happening but I know pain and how it felt. Joker had blindfolded me and after he cut my arms up I sorta stopped feeling things after that. I felt pain but I couldn't figure out what part I was feeling.

I think at one point barbwire was involved and maybe a bat against my bones but I don't know. I came in and out so many times that Joker soon got bored.

He did say at one point. "To be honest with you, I don't care about the money or what you have, I just wanted to beat somebody up and then there you were! A beacon of innocence! So naive to pain."

Scarecrow's gas was everywhere so getting beaten up by Joker after he took the blindfold off was horrendous. Things crawled out of his smile and into me. The world flashed and memories got disorderly. I was just screaming as my mind scared itself.

One time when I blacked out and woke up again, the Scarecrow gas still looming I was alone with the cold terrifying world. Shivers and sweat, pain and creatures that shouldn't exist swarmed me. I got up and made my way to the door.

It was dark and fear was so heavy in my mind that I couldn't concentrate. I stumbled out of wherever I was and walked.

"Hey!" I turned and saw a man before it turned into a creature.

My heart almost died as I gasp ans stumble away. It's fangs turned into a creature similar to Batman but a mixture of Joker and something evil.

It started to prowl towards me.

I ran and slipped. I fell and it almost ate me. I was up and running again. Rain poured and teh dark sky screamed at me.

Thunder struck and lightning came out like a demon.

Everything was caving in on me.

Hold it together. I'm just hallucinating. I run into an alley and force myself to breath. It's a hallucination! I blink and for a second the creature is gone and it's gone before it changes and it's claws reach for me.

"Liam?" A voice asks.

I gasp and spin around to see a demon with a red head.

"Get back!" I scream as I stumble backwards but the jaws of the monster behind me snap at my skin.

The demon roared at me and I heard my name before the demon pounced on me and stabbed me with something.

I couldn't move before suddenly the world cleared. The monster was gone. I stumble forward and the walls and sky are normal.

My chest pounded as it heaved up and down.

"Liam, what happened?" It was familiar.

I turn and see Red Hood. He reaches up and pulls his helmet off to reveal his face only covered by a simple eye mask.

"Jason?" I ask under my breath.

His face is staring at me in horror and question, and confusion.

I stumble towards him, relief getting mixed up with the leftover fear and pain I had.

I trip over something and throw my arms around him in a hug. I bury my face in his stomach and a sob escapes my throat. I didn't even know I had started to cry but I was now. I was crying so hard my lungs couldn't keep up.