XIX.

XIX.

         Every one of them was wet.

          Westerly Penn crossed the wintered premises feeling down, since half of his personality  was based on his hair; the pride that came from knowing only the RRs had cgi character bangs. On this snowy month, he was particularly having a blast — a swarm of bad hair days. "Put something on, I say!"

          "Nu-uh!" Normani tried not to shiver.

           Eleanor clicked her tongue & muttered to herself, displeased. "Who's gonna look at you in this goddamn weather anyway?" But Nora remained happy. In her nonwoollen, better-suited-to-summer attire. "I'm holding the door. In or out?" Sometimes, Wes could have sworn that sisters are the worst thing on planet earth.

"Wes?"

"Yeah"

"Quit grumbling or fuck off"

"Right back at you, Ells."

            Bimpe was excited. About snowing. She wasn't allowed to take kids out to rehearse/audition (Ellie's remark), the ground was a glass of blue and freezing insides, the interiors of the room — mostly stage props — sighed in relief as Felix went on and raised the heater, whom Bimpe very reluctantly thanked.

          Instead, on the second audition, Bimpe decided to make up for the boredom with a little game of her own. Something along the lines pissed not only the royalty and their line of minions, but also the opposers — Jill, Felix and Beverly.

           Kai hissed, "oh for heaven's sake"

           As a king, he preferred to watch over them, minus the mingling.

"Good luck, good luck, good luuuuck!" Wes said in a singsong voice.

          Kai shot him a dirty look once he was reseated. Next to Jillian Parker, his ex friend.

"You two really match each other's aura"

       Kaisei highly doubts that.

        He's nothing like the self sufficient, self absorbed, self proclaimed faultfinder like her. Even Felix would have been less troublesome.

          "What was the last time we did this?" She began.

           Kai trained his hard eye forward. "Hmm?"

"I believe last year."

"You believed wrong. Last time we were sat side by side was with Blythe, when we were dress shopping, well we were, you insisted to do so later."

           And yet he tagged along, he wanted to retort. Because Blythe was nice to be around.

"I was low on cash"

"So you made Eleanor pay," a smirk seeped into her tone.

"Do you want me to change seats?"

         Jill smiled challengingly. "Uh sure, no one likes to be trapped with a weirdo."

              Enough. "Jillian Parker, listen," he said severely, "You talk crazy, you hold Romanstoff Royalty responsible for everything unfixable in your life, you — you woman, are a mess."

            Why was Bimpe taking so long? Send the girls already! Kai didn't give a fuck whether Ellie gets to be the lead or not — they were doing Little Mermaid for crying out loud!

        Kai noticed his right side mate going quiet.

           It felt good. It felt good to let out the vile.

         Jill wasn't a bad looking woman. Her grades weren't nerd-high either. She was available to hang too, sometimes.

"Do you like when I treat you so cruelly? Because it hurts me. This isn't Blyth's vision, this isn't mine..."

           It's yours — he wanted to spit on her damn face. "I know we have our differences," his features softened as he spoke.

"Ha!"

"Can you please keep it down?" Venice, from Jill's left, said. "I'm trying to focus. I'll be up."

"We are sorry," the pair synchronized.

             Jill doesn't intend on following her promise though. For she once again picked the broken shard of their relationship.

"You know WHY I don't like you"

"And I can't change that," Kai spoke as a matter of fact.

"Why are you still talking? We don't have Blythe around. We don't have to be cordial, pretend friends. "

"Stop talking," he hissed.

"Like I know everything? Oh believe me, if I did, generation of teen royalty would expire already"

          What a venomous way of speaking.

            Kai kept his voice down as humanly possible, body angling towards the room's exit, "The problem isn't with weird members. It lies within you. We have Imogen Serum too."

           For that reason, they see the said light haired girl cocking head and looking around in confusion.

          "Pity fucks count, OMG" Jill flared up like a silent time bomb.

           "Let me bath you and drink it!"

           Few more head turning.

"I'm gonna get up now," Kai was on the verge of breaking down, which, in Jillian's perspective only confirm that he's Ellie's puppet because she wears pants, her money's raising him.

            Technically speaking, it was Wes who earned -

"But you never picked up a chit? Royal privilege?" Jill teased. "What, I've eyes." And started playing with her split ends.

"I do not deserve your bitterness, Jillian Parker."

           At that time, Wes shot him a cautious look, an innocent frown closing on his perfect forehead, and in the cold, with soaked hair parted — he looked like shit.

"Kai, stay. Beverly's next. Ellie comes after."

            Kai's eyes searched for both. On a podium they were lined, Bimpe parting with some nice words, looking finer than everyone else thanks to her chocolate-melted skin. He sent a silent prayers above for the performance to go well. For both of them.

             If they cared to show up for Bimpe's antics in spite of the hard winter cocoon.

              It wouldn't be the worst decision to stay. It'd be a waste to arrive and wait and leave before finishing.

              That's not how his late mother had raised him. Kai means a large pond, a vast lake. He needs to embrace his chances without being exclusive. 

        Besides, when has Eleanor ever favoured his feelings and opinions above her rose-misted world?