She's Misbehaving

Out in the New Mexico desert, a desolate facility used for research was in a state of panic. An evacuation was set in place, a safety precaution for what was inside. A helicopter flew down to the facility, landing gracefully on the designated spot. The side door swung open to reveal two people, both dressed in black. A man in a suit and tie with black shades, Phil Coulson, stepped closer to the helicopter to meet the two people.

"Director Fury." Coulson said, sending a nod to the two people.

"How bad is it?" One of them asked. Nick Fury, or Director Fury, is the director of a government agency called SHIELD. He was dressed in all black, a black shirt, black cargo pants, black combat boots, a black trench coat, and a black eye patch covering his left eye. The other person was Maria Hill, Fury's right hand man. She was dressed in a black suit which looked to be bulletproof paired with black wedge heeled boots.

"That's the problem sir... We don't know." Coulson stated with hesitation. He led Fury and Hill into the radiation section of the facility. All around them, people were rushing to exit the building.

"Doctor Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract about four hours ago." Coulson said, leading Hill and Fury into the lower levels.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury said.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Coulson quipped back.

"It turned itself on?" Hill questioned, disbelief in her voice.

"What are the energy levels now?" Fury questioned with an annoyed sigh.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it off we ordered an evac." Coulson said, stopping and facing Hill and Fury, who stopped a few feet behind him.

"How long until everyone is out?" Fury asked, walking past Coulson.

"Campus should be clear within half an hour." Coulson stated, looking down at his watch.

"Do better." Fury said over his shoulder and watched as Coulson nodded and walked off. He turned and continued down the stairs.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Hill said, keeping up with Fury as they continued their descent.

"We should tell everyone to just go back to sleep?" Fury snapped back at Hill. She tensed at his voice, quickly shaking it off.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a safe distance." Hill stated as they stopped on the platform in front of the entrance to the chamber where the Tesseract was being held.

"I need you to make sure phase two prototypes are shipped out." Fury said to Hill.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill questioned. She tilted her head to the side slightly.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below, I want every piece of phase two on a truck and out of here." Fury snapped slightly to Hill. The two guards standing in front of them tensed up at Fury's voice.

"Yes sir." Hill said, snapping her fingers and pointing to the guards, "You two, with me." She brushed past the guards and they turned to follow her.

Fury stood and watched for a second before turning on his heels and entering the chamber. The chamber was filled with all sorts of equipment, as well as the Tesseract. A blue, glowing cube that shot out random flare rings.

"Talk to me Doctor." Fury said, walking close to the equipment. An older man popped up from behind some equipment.

"Director." The man said, straightening his shirt a little. Doctor Selvig was the man who was working with the Tesseract. He had worked with this kind of stuff before, so he was the best fit for this project.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asked, looking at the tesseract, which was still shooting flare rings out.

"The Tesseract is misbehaving." Selvig said with a sigh.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asks, almost like he didn't believe the doctor.

"No, it's not funny at all," Selvig responds, "The Tesseract is not only active, she's... behaving." He points to a screen showing the records of the energy levels in the last four hours.

"How long until you pull the plug?" Fury asks, looking back and forth from the tesseract to the data in front of him.

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the energy, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..." Selvig droned off, not saying what everyone in the room knew. This place would blow if the Tesseract reached peak level.

"We've prepared for this Doctor. Harnessing energy from space." Fury snapped in annoyance.

"We don't have a harness." Selvig snapped back. "Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off the interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, just small levels of gamma radiation." Selvig began to mess with a few things on the screen in front of him as he read the data.

"Where's Barton?" Fury asked, looking around for the two people he put on this assignment.

Selvig scoffed. "The Hawk, up in his nest with The Crow, as usual." He pointed behind him up in the ceiling on a railing, where two figures could be seen.

The two figures were Clint and Rory Barton, or better known as The Hawk or Hawkeye and The Crow. It was hard to see them from on the ground, both were dressed in all black tactical gear. Clint was the easiest to see, sitting with his legs dangling down from the railing. Rory was harder to see, crouched down behind her uncle, hidden away in the shadows.

"Agent Barton, report." Fury said through a pair of ear pieces that only a few people had.

Clint stood up, and placed his hand on his niece's head. A comforting gesture but at the same time a command. 'Stay here.' He tied a rope to one of the rails and repelled down to the ground.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things." Fury told Clint as he walked up to him.

"We see better from a distance." Clint shrugged. They walked around the equipment and talked discreetly, just in case.

"Did either of you see something that could set this thing off?" Fury asked, nodding his head towards the brighter glowing cube. Clint opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by another scientist.

"Doctor, it's spiking again." She sounded almost worried and frightened. Selvig quickly walked over to her screen and began to look at the data.

"No one's come or gone. Selvig is clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was ant tampering, sir, it wasn't on this end." Clint stated, looking towards the cube.

"At this end?!" Fury said, sounding almost shocked.

"Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other side of space, right? Doors open from both sides." Clint crossed his arms over his chest.

"Director, I think it's best if you move away from the cube..." Rory said over the earpiece. She could see the cube beginning to misbehave even more, as well as Selvig typing on his keyboard swiftly, looking almost terrified.

"Now why would I-" Fury starts but gets interrupted by the Tesseract shaking violently and thundering, sending a shock wave through the entire facility. The flare rings of the cube grow and the cube glows more brightly.

"Clint, Fury, you need to get away now!" Rory snaps, but her words mean nothing as another shock wave is sent out, sending everyone on the ground flying to the floor. She watches as the wave shoots up the wall and gathers at the highest point in the ceiling.

Back on the ground the cube has built up a beam of blue light which hits the end of the platform, and gathers there creating a black hole that slowly grows in size.

"Holy shit-" Rory says mainly to herself as she watches from above.