Ch.6: Monarch Sciences

(Thirdperson POV)

It had been a full 6 months since the Los Angeles incident, and it was October, meaning it was fall. Yep, this is the season where Halloween resides, as well as when the leaves, grass, and, trees turn from the lush green we see almost every day, to a rust orange. However, Fall is also the season where tropical storms where most likely to occur, and those storms can turn into violent hurricanes quite frequently.

That's what was brewing down in Dominica, where Moonhidora has made her home. Right now, a tropical storm was forming about 250 miles west of the island, and meteorologists were sure that this storm was a hurricane in the making. They have even warned the island that the hurricane might be a category 2 or 3 upon making landfall within the country.

Godzilla, Moonhidora, and the other titans may be a perfect display of nature's raw power. However, they pale in comparison to the destruction and power a hurricane can bring to a city.

Monarch, the titan research and study organization had caught wind of Moonhidora's home in Dominica, and her home was closer to the capital than they would like. Dr. Edward Scott hoped to find Moonhidora sooner, but they were unable to pinpoint her energy signature, and Dominica is huge so it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Eventually, they found Moonhidora's home which was about a half mile west of Emerald Pool and was in a very large cave, a cave that could comfortably fit Moonhidora inside. Edward wanted to get men down there as soon as possible, however, he was advised to use drones instead, considering the obvious danger of bringing men to Moonhidora's "nest".

So, Edward imminently ordered some drones to go in and investigate the nest, and if possible, try and get a status on Isaac, his condition, and probably try and find any psychological effects in him, since Edward was expecting signs of psychological discomfort from Isaac.

(Isaac POV)

It's been... I don't know, days, weeks, months, I don't even think it matters anymore. I can say with certainty though that enough time has passed that I am now 12 years old, actually, I think today is my birthday. My clothes were in even worse condition, my t-shirt was once blue with white stripes on it, and had a picture of the sea on its front, however, its colors were faded and the image is basically gone, not to mention my shirt and pants had several rips and tears in them, so much so that they provided little to no warmth. So, I was often shivering my butt off at night, but thankfully I had Moony to help with that. Nowadays, at night, she would wrap me up in her wings and rest me against her chest, which was about the warmest part of her body, probably because that's where all her elemental breaths form.

Speaking off, I and Moony have gotten really close, I'd even go so far as to call her "mom" sometimes. I remember the first time where I accidentally called her Mom, it melted her heart and I believe Calli was crying happy tears upon hearing me call her that. Her ability to communicate with me telepathically has gotten better over time, nowadays I don't even feel any pain in my head before she talks, and her voice is much clearer, for I can hear her voice clearly for miles now. Apparently, she told that telepathic communication is how her kind stays in touch with their "special ones" from between the stars, apparently their telepathy range can span light years.

As much as I wanna go on about how living here in this jungle with Moonhidora has been the best time of my life, and I will live here until the day I day, I really can't. Not gonna lie, but I don't belong out here! It's very hot and muggy here, almost nothing interesting happens out here, there's no one around for miles, and there's not much else to eat out here other than grass and leaves. Plus, I have allergies, so this place is really making my allergies act up, causing me to sniff and sniffle a lot more. Also... this place just doesn't feel like home to me, I miss my friends, I miss the city air, and I miss my dad... I never told Moony about how I don't fit in out here, but I can tell she kinda knew how I felt living out here.