Ch.1 : Science Fair Disaster

It was April 12th, Friday evening in Los Angeles, CA. The streets were packed full of people trying to get back home from their various adventures throughout the vast city, most were hard workers coming back home after a hard day's work, while some were shoppers, partiers, or celebrities. It was about 6:47 PM, giving the sky a golden coloration on the horizon where the sun was setting, making room for The Moon to rise in the sky.

In a small apartment complex known as Pico Rivera Inn, there was a small 11-year-old boy named Isaac Fordel Allenson sitting inside one of the apartments, working on a project for school

In a small apartment complex known as Pico Rivera Inn, there was a small 11-year-old boy named Isaac Fordel Allenson sitting inside one of the apartments, working on a project for school. It was a model of the solar system, with all the planets being handmade with nothing but cardboard and paper, he even had a shirt of space while he was working on his project. He was working on the project, while blasting "Don't Stop Believing" on an old radio from the '90s, one that plays music through tapes.

Soon, the front door of his apartment opened, and he soon heard the voice of his father, Matthew. "Hey, son! How are you?"

Isaac looked back at Matthew and said "Im working on my Solar System here, daddy!" Matthew smiled as he saw the progress Isaac had made, it was nearly complete, with it just needing more coloring. Isaac put extra for his model of the Solar System, he was able to put in most of the moons of the solar system, mainly Jupiter and Saturn's moons, and he did this with just tiny balls of paper.

"Wow, your model here looks pretty cool! Man, I wish I was smart as you when I was your age" Matthew said as he kneeled down next to him, Isaac chuckled at the remark. Matthew soon said, "Well, since you did so good on your project that I know your gonna win, I was thinking maybe tomorrow we can go to Otium, one of the best restaurants in Downtown Los Angeles!"

"Really?" Isaac said, "Yeah, as long as you promise to win this science fair for me, which I know you will!" Matthew said, and Issac eagerly nodded and soon hugged his father. "Alright... now get to work, Astronaut!"

(Isaac POV)

It was almost 7 PM, and I was working on my model of the solar system for long hours for a science fair being hosted tomorrow at John Burroughs Middle School, which is the school where I go. The science fair would begin at 5 and ends at 7, and the reward for 1st place is a trophy, as well as a free family ticket to Disneyland.

I've always wanted to go to Disneyland, ever since I was a little kid. However, we never were able to go, mostly due to us not having enough money to go. Our family has always been financially struggling, we actually almost lost the apartment a few months ago, though my dad managed to get a promotion and was getting paid more, enough to pay the bills.

To be honest, life here ain't that bad, it's better without Mom as well. Most kids like me are blessed with having both a mommy and daddy who love them... but not me. My mom was... well she liked to drink a lot and got pretty scared when she had too much to drink (which was like once every other day). My dad finally got rid of her about 3 years ago, which was actually when she... let's just say went way too far.