Part 7

"Man I'm bored as shit!" Steve said with a sigh as he watched me pick out clothes I wasn't gonna get. "Can we go to the gas station?" Steve asked as he walked over to me from where he was sitting "Uh yeah! Let me just pay this shirt real quick." I said as I walked over to the cashier.

"We should steel some cigarettes." I Steve said kike it was nothing. I burst out laughing like he was saying that we should get burgers. "Maddy I'm being serious." Steve said with stress in his voice. "Yeah I know! You just said it like you were telling me you got a new shirt!" I said laughing some more. "So?" Steve asked with a worried look on his face. "Yeah sure!" I said like I had nothing to lose. "Oh thank god! I thought you were going to say I'm crazy and tell Hopper or something." Steve said as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Can I get a pack of camels?" Steve asked the the guy behind the front counter. "Yeah sure." he said as he scanned a pack of cigarettes and placed them on the counter. "Alright that'll be sixty sence." the guy said "Run!" Steve yelled ass he turned around and ran as fast as he could out of the gas station with me following behind him. 

"Alright we should be good here." Steve said as he went into an alley way. "Here." Steve said as he handed me a cigarette. "Thanks." I said he tossed me a lighter.

*1 minute later*

"God damn it." Steve said as he watched the chief of police get out of his car. "Alright I got better shit to do than deal with you two." the chief of police said. There was an awkward moment of silence, I think Hopper was expecting us to say something. "So this is how we are going to do this. I'm going to take you and call your parents. And you guys have to pay for the cigarettes." Hopper said "Who are you?" Hopper said looking at me confused. "Uhm Maddy... Adams." I said awkwardly "No like birth name." Hopper said in an aggravated voice "Madeline but I go by Maddy." I said rolling my eyes with an annoyed voice. He nodded his head an rolled his eyes back at me. 

When we got to the police station I was nervous as fuck. "Great now mom is gonna think Steve is a bad influence, and she won't let me hang out with Steve anymore." I thought as I felt my eyes fill with tears. "Ok, Madeline what's your dad's work number?" Hopper asked "I don't fucking know." I responded back with a sassy attitude "How do you not know-" Hopper started before I interrupted him. "Because he left me when I was thirteen. My mom's work number is 805-253-6169." I snapped at Hopper.

As I waited for my mom to show up to the police station I could hear Steve's dad yelling at him from the other room. "Damn Steve's dad is a total asshole. I mean no where compared to my dad, but still an asshole." I thought trying to distract myself from crying.

I felt instant regret when I saw my mom burst through the Police Station's doors angrily. "Fuck." I thought to myself. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry I haven't uploaded in a while! I went out of town and I left my laptop at my dad's so I couldn't work on getting uploads out. I have a lot written down though so I will have a lot more uploads coming out!

-C.W.  <3