INTRO

sebastian's pov
"Sebby, are you coming or not?"

I groan, craning my neck to my doorway to face my mother, sliding my bulky headphones to my neck.

"Coming to what?" I grumble, turning back to my side. At this ungodly hour there's no way in hell I'd leave the house, and come to think of it- why's she up so early?

"To meet the new farmer, remember last night at dinner I mentioned it?" She sighs, approaching my safe-zone where I successfully ignore and shut out all of the irritating people of this town- (my bed.)

Genuinely not remembering, I harshly scoff, "Was that before or after Demetrius gave me shit for not being as good as his precious little Maru, hm?"

The room went silent, I heard a sharp exhale escape from my mom, then the clacking of footsteps. Soon I was alone. I hate to lash out on her, she's my caring mother and I obviously love her- but it's hard to like her when she got remarried to that god-awful man.

But, a new farmer, huh? Better stay away from her, who would be crazy enough to move to this hole of a town?

Shrugging back under the covers, I shut my eyelids, and doze off to the muffled sound of chirping birds.

*

My eyes seemed to bulge out of their sockets as I stared at my computer screen, head throbbing from the sheer amount of blue-light I've been exposed to, my hands gliding along the keyboard. I heard a slight ruckus from upstairs but chose to ignore it. It's probably Lewis checking in for taxes as he always does, I pray that he doesn't come down to pester me again, telling me to "get out some more!", and "help out the community!" Bullshit.

"Ah, Mae, what a pleasant surprise!" I heard my mom call, followed by scrambling footsteps to meet this "Mae." The name was totally foreign to me.

There was a response, but the voice was too low to understand. I leaned closer toward the door, attempting to make out the buzzing conversation. I would be lying if I said I wasn't the slightest bit intrigued- just then a violent vibration echoed off my desk, forcing me out of my eavesdropping.

Grabbing my phone, I check to inevitably see Sam had spammed me with nonsense:

SEBATIOAJN, DUDE THE NEW GIRL

SHJES SO FUCKOPNG HOT OMGOMG

YOU GOTTA MEET KEJR MAN, SHES FR UR TYPE

I SAWK HER WLAKING AROUND TOWN INTRODUICONG HERSELF AND GOD DAMNNNN

What's new? Sam falling in love is a daily occurrence, it's Penny, to Abigail, back to Penny- I doubt she's for me. He's always trying to push me to "find love," but I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of that very feeling.

"Hold tight, I want you to meet my son!"

The mere sentence froze my entire body, tensing up I grip onto my chair armrests. My fingers wrapped around them with so much strength it ached. Footsteps grew closer, my eyes glued onto the doorknob. I watched as it rapidly turned- and there my mother appeared.

Her usual soft eyes were now wide, a concerningly large grin lied on her lips. "Sebby, you have to meet Mae! You two seem so alike!" she squealed- but quiet enough to mask it from the mystery girl above. "She even has one of these things!" Gaping at the absurdity of my mother, I watch as her fingers pinched her septum.

"A... septum? Everyone has one of those, mom- It part of your nose..."

"No- A septum piercing, isn't that cool? You seem to be into that stuff!" she rambled, she was so excited and crazed it almost looked as if she were drunk.

I let out a chuckling sigh and rose from my place. "If it makes you leave, I'll introduce myself, then leave. Alright?" I propose, sticking my hand out. Mom looked down, and gave it a shake,

"Deal! I have a strong feeling you'll like her,"