9

mae's pov
"Why are you crying?"

The words rolled off his tongue and lingered in the air- why was I crying? I didn't even know I was until now.

My hands darted to my face, my index finger interfering with the streaming moisture on my cheek.

My lips curved into an unexpected smile, snorting I exclaimed, "I honestly don't know!"

The utter silence rang in my ears, not a word or a noise was spoken and no one dared to challenge that. Two pairs of worried eyes burned through my skin, making me feel nauseous.

"I gotta get outta here," I harshly mumbled, my surroundings started to spin. Sebastian and Abigail looked like an abstract blur.

Spinning on my heel, I faced Sebastian's house, the false wood finish chipping off, various different shrubbery formed along the edges of the house, cleanly carved and shaped. Cozy as can be.

I wish I was apart of that house- apart of Sebastian.

I hitched a sigh and took a shaky step forward, then stopped.

My head was pounding, it felt as if I whipped myself at a concrete wall. I couldn't think, everything was foggy, and unclear. I couldn't even remember my whereabouts.

"Mae, please tell me what's wrong?" Sebastian softly cooed from behind, his usual cat-like manner now seemed that of a dog- clingy and adorable.

I turned to him, his mere voice drew me in like a moth to a flame. Simply captivating.

"Hey guys, I think I'm gonna head out," Abigail awkwardly called, her voice soon merging with the sounds of the night.

I stared at her electric purple hair fade into the midnight. The anxious eyes of Sebastian explored my face, I couldn't help but return the favor.

Glancing over at his face made my heart shatter. His eyes were crinkled, glossy tears battling to come out. Pink, rosy lips turned in an everlasting frown. His bitter, sorrowful expression was all caused my me. Me being the selfish little farmer I am.

It was late, the sun had completely disappeared, and the moon had a shimmering spotlight on us. Everything was still, although there was a slight breeze ruffling though the patches of wild flowers. I never noticed how cold it was until I brushed upon the goosebumps scattered on my exposed arms.

I stared down at Sebastian. He was sporting an oversized hoodie, olive green. Cigarette burns and foreign little holes scattered throughout the fabric. I wanted his arms to engulf me, right here, right now.

"Mae, c'mon-"

I sprinted towards him, ready to tackle him with a hug.

We collided with a deafening smack, it hurt my tits, but I tried to block that out- I didn't want it to affect the moment.

My arms tangled around his neck, his warmth streaming through my skin leaving a tingling sensation.

I took a deep inhale, his signature husky scent filled me with a sense of security. In his arms I felt safe- all my troubles seemed to melt away as if they were nonexistent.

"Mae?"

"...Mae?"

"Mae, wake up!"