[03]: taking chances.

[03]: Taking chances.

"There is the 'you' that people see and then there is the 'rest of you'. Take some time and craft a picture of the 'rest of you.' This could be a drawing, in words, even a song. Just remember that the chances are good it will be full of paradox and contradictions." -Brennan Manning.

Based on the novel How I Met Myself by David A. Hill, what did John Taylor do after he found out that his doppelganger was trying to tell him something?

"So?" Lena prompted, staring at me across the table. "What's the answer?"

I thought of it for a moment, deciding it was best to let her do it on her own. Giving her answer wouldn't do her any good.

I shrugged, sliding her paper back to her. "Read it again and think."

"I studied the novel for God knows how many times and I still don't have an answer!"

"Lena, shh! Callista's still sleeping," Annabel whispered urgently beside me. Although Callista's room was down the hallway, she acted like she was asleep on the couch.

Lena rolled her eyes and huffed. "Fine, I'll read it again. But if this doesn't work, Hazel, you're giving me the answer."

I sighed at her and shook my head, glancing at the clock right above the television, the digital clock read: 8:12 a.m. I've been up for half an hour, and I still hadn't finished this chapter that I'm working on for three days, and it was depressing.

I planned out the entire story, had it saved on my computer and now I'm stuck at this conversation that I couldn't seem to go on.

"Would you guys like some scrambled eggs and bacon?" Lena asked, her voice was far away from me. I was confused, she was just sitting in front of me-

"A cup of coffee for. . . Hazel, would you like a coffee?" When I nodded, Annabel looked up from her laptop and said, "Two cups of coffee! One with sugar."

I smiled wryly. The one with sugar-free was definitely mine. I too looked up from my laptop, thinking I needed a break from it and realized Lena ditched her home work and was now in the kitchen, three mugs in front of her as she reached towards the cupboard to grab the sugar.

Ding dong!

And the bell rang.

"I'll go get it!" Lena said from the kitchen.

"Who'd that be?" Annabel asked distractedly, her eyes were fixed on her laptop screen, she'd been on Facebook for forever and she just couldn't seem to get tired of it.

From my seat, I heard a few murmurs from the door which was near the kitchen, but I chose to ignore it, maybe it was Helena, the one who's in charge of The Sorority Dorms, checking our rooms to see it we brought anything we weren't supposed to bring in, or when someone broke the curfew.

"Who's that, Lena?" She asked beside me, then lowering her voice, she told me: "Should we wake Callista?"

I shook my head after checking the clock on my computer. Callista told us to wake her up on nine in the morning so she could watch the reruns of America's Next Top Model she recorded for the past few months. Well, it's Saturday today, and all of us had no classes, so I think she could use some free time to relax.

"So! What's for breakfast?" A voice asked, coming nearer to us. I began to type up something I thought now, so I couldn't be bothered to check who was it.

"Aaron?" Annabel shrieked beside on my left. "What are you doing here? It's thirty-eight minutes until the visiting hours!"

"What a nice way to be greeted, Annabel. But I'm here to see my girlfriend," Aaron replied, tilting his head to the side and kissed Lena by the forehead. "So swallow down. Hey Hazel!"