𝟬𝟵 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

"Um, what's wrong with her..."

"KARMA, ARE YOU HAVING A SEIZURE?"

"Seizures don't look like that, old man."

"Good grief, just wake her up."

The next thing Karma Zeppeli knew, her face was submerged underwater.

"OH MY GOD! ARE WE DROWNING?" She shot up from a surprisingly comfortable chair with Eve materializing next to her. She could hear multiple disappointed sighs. Unbeknownst to her, Polnareff was stealthily hiding an empty water bottle.

Avdol placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and informed her. "Karma, we were rescued and we're currently heading towards Singapore. We would've woken you, but you were completely knocked out and JoJo said to let you rest. And, we were going to let you continue resting, but..."

"Was I doing that trembling thing in my sleep?" Karma questioned bluntly, letting Eve disappear. They nodded. "Yeah, I do that a lot. You don't have to worry about me next time." Karma noticed Jotaro scrutinize her and turned to him. "What's your deal? Wait... Were you the one who splashed water on me?"

"No, that was Polnareff."

"I WOULD NEVER!" The silver-haired male gasped, holding a hand to his chest.

"You evil no eyebrow-"

"Good grief," Jotaro muttered, walking away from the bickering friends and to the ship's deck.

The Zeppeli paused, holding a pained Polnareff's ear in her hand, watching Jotaro's retreating form. She let go of the Frenchman's ear and got up, running a hand through her damp hair. "I'll let you off the hook just this once. Hey Starboy, wait up!"

She burst through the door Jotaro went through. "Yo, JoJo-"

Her voice got caught in her throat as she felt the wind blow through the sea. The boat was more steady than the one she's been on previously, but she was still cautious. Singapore's modern lights were shining brightly under the clear summer sky, as they were about to get to land soon.

Karma looked at her childhood friend, who was watching the ocean's waves. Unfortunately for her, Jotaro wasn't easy to read like a book, so she simply asked, "Seriously, what's wrong?"

"I'm just realizing... I don't know half as much about you as you know about me."

Karma tilted her head, standing by his side. She never knew that bothered him, and honestly, she didn't understand why. They were doing fine, right? "Have you ever thought that things are better because of that?"