Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Blaze

I must have passed out at some point because when I next opened my eyes, the corridor was dark. I groaned as I pulled myself off the floor, feeling all the new bruises burn. My arms and legs were stiff from sleeping on the hard floor and my back was very sore.

I decided I needed a run around and because I cant be seen after hours as a student, I changed into my wolf form-Blaze, I called it for reasons I will explain.

As Blaze, I am about as tall as the average five-year-old. I am pitch-black and very fluffy. I call myself Blaze because my markings are: the shape and size my glasses used to me was outlined in white around my left eye, I had a white heart-looking shape splatted on the front of my right shoulder, and I had a streak of white along my left side, starting about 3cm wide at my shoulder and thinning out till it stops, just before my left hind leg. My blaze.

I am an illegal animagus. Because I am smart, I was able to transform myself in fourth year. Ever since then, I had been roaming the school grounds at nights and those days when I had been out of class 'not feeling well'.

Apart from flying, being an animagus was my escape from the marauders.

I haven't been out much on my broom lately. I thought to myself as I quickly ran through the corridors in Blaze-form. And I finally snuck through a secret tunnel that led straight outside. I felt free.

I ran straight to the forbidden forest and headed right towards the heart of it, where there was a secret glade, protected by enchantments to stop any animal larger than a kitten from getting in. That included Blaze.

As far as I am aware of, Im the only person in the school who knows of the secret glade.

I met a unicorn foal there once, the unicorn magic lets it pass through any enchantment cast by nature. I named the foal Star and every time I visit him, I make sure to bring him a handful of sweet-grass from the edge of the forest. I didn't this time but I can give him a chocolate-chip cookie I have left over from lunch. They are Stars second favourite.

When I got to the edge of the glade, I changed back into human form and quickly stepped inside the magic border, before any type of hungry beast decided that I looked tasty.

I found Star sitting there eating off some low shrubs and I said hi and gave him the cookie. After he had finished eating it he came over and sniffed my left arm. I pulled my sleeve up without thinking and when Star saw the cuts on the side of my arm, going all the way up to my elbow, his eyes softened in sympathy.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I hate sympathy. Even from Bella.

"Im sorry." I whispered before running out of the glade - still in human form - sobbing uncontrollably with tears streaming down my face.

I ended up in a place I have never been before. A small clearing with a thin tree at the centre. A large black dog is sitting underneath the tree. Like I said before. I love dogs.

But as I approached it, it growled. A deep throaty noise that was somehow familiar. And when I was a metre and a half away, with my left arm outstretched (cuts showing), it barked loudly and snapped out to bite.

But I was just fast enough and managed to throw myself to the side, turning into Blaze mid-leap. (Twilight) werewolf style. I rolled as I hit the ground and came back up, facing the dog.

The dog looked surprised. I snarled at it, making sure to show it my long sharp teeth. It looked even more perplexed. It backed off and I ran away. But not before giving it my wolf stare. A look right into the eyes that says 'however tough you think you are-I'm tougher'. And those eyes belonged to somebody I knew and despised - Sirius Black.